Chapter 24: The First To Know

GWEN'S POV

Loving someone is never a crime. Nor loving someone needs everyone's permission. Love and be loved.

But what if your love would hurt others? Is it still not a crime?

My door bell rang and it was a delivery. It's from Mi Na.

It said:
Wear this, okay? You should look like someone who has a clothesline business. Kekekekeke.

With her note, it came to mind that she might be the one who sent the clothes to me when Ethan and I were hanging out.

I put on a simple make up just to hide the fact that I still have no sleep. I tried everything I can to sleep but all was in vain.

It's already 10am and I went down to meet Mi Na.

"Mwoya? Are you okay? You look sick, " she commented the moment I got on her car.

" I'm okay let's go, we'll be late." I said to her. She hesitated to start the engine, thinking that I'm really sick. I turned  to her giving that look saying that I'm really okay.

To break the silence she started to tell me about Mira, "Mira was very like you. She's a fast learner and very flexible. She's also been loved by her superiors. That's why don't worry about her and just focus on this one, okay?" she reported.

Mira was a fresh graduate and I don't know how to find a job for her here. Good thing her bachelor degree was in line of Mi Na's work. That's why they are on the same company and were working together.

" Mi Na-yah did you send me clothes?"

"Of course! I'm the one who sent those which you are wearing right now."

"This is not what I'm talking about. The clothes a few weeks back.  The week that I've been hanging out with Ethan."

"What clothes?"

"Then I showed her my pictures with Ethan wearing the clothes."

"I didn't sent them. Isn't it Ethan who sent them to you?"

"He said that it is not him. Then who are they from?"

"Why are you asking me? Should you be the one who knew better?"

I really have no clue. They are the only ones whom think will sent me those clothes.

I should really check the CCTV back at the dorm.

We arrived at the five star hotel where we will meet the CEO of the clothing company that wants to adopt our clothing line.

We were the first one to  arrive at the meeting place. My eyes can't stop wandering through the whole place. I've never been in a place like this before. Most of the furnitures has gold lining. There are beautiful chandeliers all over the place. And all the people must've in high positions in their companies.

Then a small group of people approached us and we stood up then bowed to show respect.

"Good morning, perhaps you are Ms. Feliciano," the man laughed nervously, "Wah, so hard to pronounce. Do you have Korean name?"

"Kim Ah Ra, sir." I answered. I really don't use it, because I was told by Auntie Mi Rae not to.

"It suits you." he said, "By the way Ms. Kim, let me introduce myself. I'm Lee Jin Jeong, the secretary and representative of the Korean branch of this clothing company."

He also said that the CEO can't meet us today due to an emergency meeting in Taiwan.

"As we reviewed your business' performance, we also looked into your past engagements. With that we would assign your clothing line to someone you're most familiar of, to cut off some research and development cost."

I will be working with them, again. With Super Junior. Not bad. I think I can manage and be a lot of help to the company. My clothing line will be focused on them.

We proceeded to the contract signing and finished it off on a good note.

I received a text.

From: Donghae-ssi

Did it went well? Are you free to have lunch with me? I'm at the car park.

He's already there? What choice do I  have? He might have waited there for too long.

I hurried to the car park seeing him waiting outside his Porsche.

"Where should we go? What do you want? Dakgalbi?" he said, and that made me smile. He really remembers everything about me. Everytime we were on a date he would take me at every restaurant that has dakgalbi on their menu.

I nodded.

"Okay! Let's go!"

We went to the place where we used to go the most because this place offers free cheese to top on the dakgalbi. But the place has no customers right now unlike when we were going here years ago.

"Are there new galbi stores that opened around here?"

"Wae?"

"Because we used to wait in line for almost 30mins here. But now—"

"I rented the whole place."

I gasped and my eyes rounded in shock. "You don't have to."

He chuckled and said, "You still look so cute when you were shocked." Then he pulled the chair in front of me,  "You hate to be the center of attention. Your date is handsome, it will attract a lot of eyes to stare at us. Plus, I don't want any distractions like what happened earlier when we have our coffee."

How can I unlike this man? Tch. He's  just making me more confused and torn in between him and a man that I'm still not sure what my feelings are.

"How was the meeting?"

"It went well but I think I need to still work with you." I sighed.

"Why? What happened?" I saw a worried look on his face.

"What's with the reaction? I mean, does working with you that bad?" I laughed,  "Our clothing line would be under that big clothing company and we would cater on the customers with the likes of your group. That's why our staff will start working with you after the holidays."

His face brightened up. I don't know what should be my reaction. I smiled but I think it came out awkwardly and I took a sip on my iced tea.

"Do you like Kyu?" he asked from nowhere. I almost spat out what's inside my mouth.

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean."

"I-uh. I can't answer you right now."

"I see. You might have been confused. It's between, you still have feelings for me or thinking that you still have feelings for me to the point that you are denying yourself of having feelings for another."

"I'm sorry."

"Gwen-ah, no need to apologize. I understand you and I know that no one could control anyone's feelings."

What's with this man? How could I ever find someone like him?

"Just promise me that I'd be the first person to know what you really feel when everything becomes clear."