Chapter 23: One Last Hug

GWEN'S POV

A lot of thoughts are running on my mind that I can't even catch one out. I tried drinking more, thinking that I might get sleepy when I became more drunk but I already drank four more bottles of soju and it was already 4 am, still here I am wide awake.

I went out of our own apartment to walk outside. My feet brought me on a park near our residence.

I took out my phone and find myself staring at the photo of my parents.

"Ma. Pa. How are you? Have you arrived at your destination? As you can see Mira and I are doing well. We also have our own home here and we can live comfortably thanks to Grandma. Did you meet her there? Please tell her that I'm more than thankful for entrusting what she left here." I might seem really crazy right now but I think this is a way so that I could calm the storm in my mind.

"Ma, what should I do? I think I'm in love with someone but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to be in love with him. I'm so confused with what I'm feeling." remembering what happened last night made me take a deep breath trying to calm my racing heartbeat.

"Pa, should I stop dreaming and live my dreams in reality?" a tear fell form my eyes and I quickly wiped it.

"I really miss you. Your wise words are a lot of help whenever I have things tangled in my mind. What should I do without you?"

"What should I do Auntie and Uncle? Your precious daughter is crying again." I looked at the person who said that.

"Donghae-ssi? Why are you here?"

"Well, I just went out to jog and see a pretty lady crying on a bench at a park. I went to her and found out that that lady was you."

"Oh I see. You can continue on jogging. I'm okay here. I will also go back to our new residence soon."

"Let me take you there. Where was it? Is it far from here?"

I smiled then turned down his offer, "It's okay, I can manage. It not far from here. In fact it was just a floor below SJ's dorm."

"Oh really?! That near?"

I nodded.

"That's great! Let's have a coffee first then we'll go back to our apartment building.

We went to a coffee shop, just a walking distance from the park.

" 2 iced Americano." he ordered. Then he looked at me and said, " Just like the old times." I smiled. He even remembered it. It was 10 years ago but he didn't forget.

Donghae had a lot of stories to tell and it was fascinating to just listen to him. Only a few people get to see and hear him being talkative like this. While he was talking I can't help it but my eyes keep on staring at him. This man really has that charm to captivate anyone.

Like how can a man look so cute and sexy at the same time?

I was just staring at him when something flashed from the outside. Maybe it was just a light reflected by a shiny thing passing by.

"Lee Donghae-ssi?"

"You got the wrong person, Miss. Let's go," he said and pulled me to go outside the cafe.

But the girl followed us.

"I'm right! You're Donghae from Super Junior! I'm sorry to interrupt your date but can you give me an autograph?"

He signed and continue to walk away from there before everyone could recognize him. But I think it's too late because the people passing by us are talking and whispering to themselves.

We arrived at our apartment silently. I got off the elevator first because I would need to take a bath to accompany D&E to their schedule.

I froze from where I stand when I saw a man was in front of our door.

"Excuse me sir. How can I help you?"

The man turned around, it was Ethan.

He walked to me and hugged me.

"I'm so sorry that I wasn't there for you. I must have been hard. I'm so sorry."

He asked to for a walk so that we can talk.

"How are you now?"

"I'm okay. I'm surrounded by good people like you. They made things easier to bear." I smiled at him.

"I was worried when you don't answer your phone. That's why when I heard from Mi Na that you would be back here, I ought to meet you to know how have you been doing."

I received a text from Donghae.

It said:
You don't have to accompany us for our schedules from now on. Mi Na will tell you later at the meeting. She said to tell you to be ready at 10am and she will pick you up.

I replied:
Okay. Thank you Donghae-ssi. =)

"Please understand. I was not myself for a few days since they passed away."

He patted me on the back.

"Before I forget, I also want to thank you for the clothes you sent me when we were going out to catch up. I'll wear them well."

"What clothes?"

"What do you mean 'what clothes?' You even commented that those clothes suit me well. That's why I thought it might be you who were leaving it in front of SJ's dorm.

"I didn't give you any. I swear. My wife would've killed me if I bought something that wasn't on our budget."

"So it wasn't from you? Then who will it be from? What should I do? I don't even know where it came from but I wore it."

"Why would you ask me?" he said chuckling, "just check the CCTV at your dorm. I'm sure you can see who was it from."

"It must be from any of those idols you're working with."

He whispered somethung that was slightly audible. "What did you say?"

"Nothing. Never mind. I got to be going. See you whenever we have time, I'm okay?" he said standing up from the bench.

"Ah before I go, let me just tell you this. Loving someone is never a crime. Nor loving someone needs everyone's permission. Love and be loved. You might be confused for now but once it becomes clear, don't hesitate nor deny what you feel. Okay?"

"What are you saying? What was that for?" I said letting out a nervous laugh.

"Let's just say I heard that from somewhere and I got a feeling that I need to tell you that." he smiled and hugged me one more time.

I went back to our dorm after staying at the park thinking about what Ethan said and giving it a lot of thought.