Chapter 27: Good Food. Good Mood.

GWEN'S POV

Holiday break has passed and we're almost halfway of the first month of the year. So far so good. I'm glad that I'm working in a friendly but competitive environment. But one thing that I'm concerning about is our CEO. It seems like she was avoiding everyone.

Not even her shadow was seen in the workplace. There's a rumor that even her secretary wasn't allowed to see her only when she says so.

"Are you still sending her those? Do you think you can convince her to have a meeting with our models by giving her that?" my assistant project manager said.

"How will I know if I will not give it a try? Who knows she might feel my sincerity through consistency?" I said and winked at my coworker. I make side dishes and packed it good for one person everyday to give it to our CEO. It may seem like I was sucking up to her but my colleagues knew that it wasn't the case. They were supporting me at this because they were also worried at her.

They said that people who don't know her outside her company see her as a snob bitch who just wants to make money but don't really have social connections. They said she's smart but a very cold-hearted person who will stay high up because of their family's power in the macro-business industry.

🎶Listen girl, Joahae. Baby girl, Saranghae🎶

My phone rang while I was waiting for the bus to go home.

"Hello?" I answered the phone while getting on the bus.

"Gwen-ah. Where are you right now?"

"Kyuhyun-ssi? What's the matter?"

"Just asking."

"I'm in a bus, going home. Just clocked out from work."

"What's the next stop?" he asked.

"I think it's Myeong-dong."

"Get off the bus there. I'll come to you."

"What's the matter? Are you alright?" he seemed like he was rushed.

"Okay. But why-" he hung up the phone.

I waited less than five minutes and he arrived already. He told me to got on the car but I told him to get off.

"Why do you want to meet me? Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Just because. I just want to check on you. We live in the same building but we don't see each other that much." he said rubbing his nape.

"We don't see each other because we don't have any reason to."

"Ah you're right about that." he looked at his watch, looked at me and averted his eyes when he saw that I was looking at him.

"Did you eat?"

I shook my head.

"Then shall we go somewhere to eat? What do you want?" his face lightened up. I see that smile that all his fans has been admiring from afar. I'm just lucky enough to see it this close. But unlucky enough to be so near yet so far.

"Let's eat here. There are a lot of choices here," I said pulling him on the street lined with different kinds of streetfood.

"There are a lot of choices. What should we eat?" he asked.

"Let's just walk for a while checking what's available then let's pick after we see all of the choices." I looked up at him. This was the very first time that I noticed our height difference. I was only about the height of his shoulders.

We just started looking at the street foods when he stopped in front of a stall. It was selling fish cakes and tteokbokki. As expected. I smiled at him when he looked at me like a child asking her mother permission to buy what he wants.

I chuckled. He looks so cute.

Since then we bought and ate what was next in line. There are skewers, fried mini crabs, tornado potato, egg bread, omelette burgers, grilled cheese and rice cakes, coin bread with mozzarella cheese, cheese balls, bungeoppang (fish-shaped bread), fruit skewers, corn dogs, fresh pomegranate juice, among others.

We both looked like we went from a grocery shopping. Both of our hands have different packs of streetfood. We can't find any spot that we cannot be seen that much. So we decided to go to the park near our apartment building.

"Do you think we can eat all of those?" Kyuhyun asked laughing.

"Why? Are you on a diet? I can take home all of that and eat them by myself."

"You can eat all of that? Woah, daebak!" he was clearly amazed.

"Actually not all by myself. I've got a sister who's got a great appetite. She might love all of them once she tasted them."

When we arrived at the park there are still a lot of people even though its nighttime already. But at least here we can find a spot where people didn't walked a lot.

" You know that I really love tteokbokki. That's why you dragged me there."

Laughing, I said, "It's not like that. It's just that we're already there and there's a lot of choices. I never thought that you would buy on every stall selling tteokbokki that we pass by."

"Tteokbokki differs on who made it," he said after he swallowed.

"Try this." I gave him the egg bread, "I can't figure out what food in the Philippines was like this. But it tastes familiar to me that's why I like this from the first time that I ate it."

He took a bite and said, "Just like how comfortable you are with Donghae-hyung and would continue like him because he is already familiar to you?"

I looked at him. I was flustered at what he said.

He then flicked my forehead, "Don't be so serious. I was just kidding." then he laughed again.

I would admit it that I was really flustered but by that question I think that cleared my uncertainties.

I was familiar with Donghae that he seems like a best friend almost a brother to me. But I'm not that comfortable around him right now unlike how comfortable I was with Kyuhyun.

He flicked me again on the forehead.

"I said, I was just joking around don't take it seriously, he said with a nervous laugh.

" You know what? If my forehead turns red, consider yourself dead." I said, rolling my eyes and turned my back to him.

" Gwen-ah. Gwen-ah. Gwen-ah."

"What?" I turned to him only to be poked by his finger on my cheeks.

I slapped him on his back. He laughed so loudly that I just want to bury myself on the ground, or just leave him there pretending that I don't know him.

I stood up ready to leave him there when he grabbed my hand to stop me.

He was holding my hand.

Can you remind me how to breathe? I felt like I have forgotten it.

I also feel my face burning. It might be so red right know that's why I can't turn my head to him.

"Yah where are you going?" he said ad pulled my hand for him to stand up but I was surprised on the force he used to pull his weight up that's why we both fell on the grass.

My body reacted it's usual reaction whenever he was near. I froze but I can feel my face burning, my heart racing.

By now, I could finally say what this feeling was. I smiled and he also smiled.

I'm in love with this man. Not just him as an idol. But him as a man.