Chapter 14: Reminiscing and Catching Up With Her Past

GWEN'S POV

"It's been a long time no see!"

I nodded. I'm really impressed on myself. Heh. Despite the years the we've been apart I still have the same feelings towards this man. Maybe it's true that someone's absence makes the heart grow fonder.

"Since when did we last see each other?"

"It's on our high school graduation. After that you disappeared without trace." I said scoffing at him.

"It's a long story," he said rubbing his palm on his nape, "but what matters is that we still met after how many years?"

"Ten years?"

"So you're a childhood friend of my assistant?" Kyuhyun asked with an unreadable expression. Tsk. I really can't read this man.

"Ah yes Kyuhyun-ssi. We've been through ups and downs as childhood best friends, teenagers and young adults. You can say pretty much that we grew together." Ethan reminisced.

"Oh that's interesting." he said but it sounds like he doesn't mean it or am I just imagining things?

"I'm afraid that I might interrupt your catching up with each other, but the night is getting deeper." Kyuhyun.

"Oh, it's okay. We already exchange contacts. We can meet some other time to catch up. Have a safe drive home Kyuhyun-ssi."

"See you, Bai!"

Then we went to the car park. I suggested that I would drive for him. He agreed, I guess he was really exhausted but I hope he enjoyed it.

"You can take a nap while I drive. I'll drive safely, so don't worry."

"Do you like him?"

I stepped on the brake abruptly. I was flustered on his question.

"What?"

"I asked if you liked him."

"Why did you ask?"

"Never mind. Don't answer if you don't want to."

Then he stopped talking. I assume that he was asleep.

My phone rang while I was driving. It was connected on the car's speaker so I answered it.

"Bai!"

"Yes, Bai?"

"When is your day off?"

"Uhm, actually it depends on Suju's schedule. Right now they're busy because they're preparing for the show in Manila."

"Oh, that's great. It means you can spend Christmas with your family this year?"

"Not sure. As far as I know we will fly back to Korea the day after the show."

"Oh, I see. But can we meet this coming Sunday? Do they have schedule that time?"

"I'll check, then get back to you."

"Okaay!"

"I'm driving right now. I'll end the call. Byee see you whenever I see you."

"Okay, Good night Bai! Chat me when you get home."

"Good night."

I drove peacefully without the talkative mouth of this man. I was going to wake him up but then I get the chance to stare at him this close while sleeping. He looks good even when sleeping. I looked at the features of his face then my eyes landed on his lips.

I'm not really sure of what happened that night was a dream or did we really kissed. I want to confirm that. Oh, erase that. I should not be thinking about that.