Chapter 23. Tension so thick.

Hiccup and Jack sat on their beds facing opposite each other. Their glares were cold and vicious.
"Errr guys what are you doing?" Rapunzel questioned awkwardly.
"He cheated!" Accusingly, Hiccup pointed to Jack.
"Nah-Ah buddy! You did!" Jack spat back.
"Cheated on what?!" Rapunzel stood in the middle, her arms were outstretched.
"CoD!" The boys yelled in unison. Rapunzel rolled her eyes at their childish behaviour.
"A video game? Really?" She chuckled. The boys huffed and settled back down.
~~~
Merida was slumped a chair in the middle of the room she was locked in.
"No fear, be brave." She muttered to herself. The sick feeling still lingered in the pit of her stomach.
"Right..escape plan." she whispered.
"Hair pin? Check." Merida shuffled over to the locked doors and pulled out the brown hair pin from her messy read curls. Skilfully, she slipped it into the lock and jiggled it around until she heard a faint click. "Bingo!" She fist pumped the air in victory. Once she finished her mini celebration she pulled open the door a fraction and peered out. The coast was clear. Silently, Merida slipped out and crept down the long corridor. Then she heard it; the strange sounds of people chanting. Filled with curiosity, Merida followed them to the source. As she neared the voices she could easily tell one of them was Toothiana.
"Sisters!" She began. Merida stood, watching them through the crack of a door.
"Our work here is nearly done, soon this campus will be restored to its former Billings glory with no commoners to disturb!" Toothiana announced. What is this?! Some kind of messed up sorority?! Merida thought.
"My grandfather's money was left for me for a reason...to gain back what's rightfully ours!" The girls in the room cheered as Toothiana raised her hands. To Merida this was making no sense. Sure Billings was the founder of the college but what did she mean by commoners? Wait, the people in the dorms? But the people who stay in the dorms studied with all their strength to get good grades to be here, people in the frat and sorority houses have to pay like a private school....
It finally made sense! Toothiana wanted to make this place a private college only...! Oh how pathetic.... Merida thought. Suddenly, the floor boards beneath her feet create and she heard Toothiana gasp from inside.
"Who's there?!" She screamed.
"Fuck!" Merida muttered in panic. Almost instantly Merida began sprinting to the staircase out of the basement. Toothiana and the sorority girls were hot on her heels. With all her energy left Merida ran up the stairs three at a time just barley escaping the girls.
"If I were you I'd sleep with one eye open tonight!" Merida heard Toothiana scream after her.
"Not if I get to you first." Merida chuckled. As she neared the dormitories, Merida slowed down to a halt. She rested her palms on her knees in attempts to breath normally again. Then it happened. She held her hand to her stomach as she puked over the sidewalk. Slowly, she straightened up and wiped her mouth.
"Brilliant." She mumbled sarcastically.