Chapter 11

AMARA

Without exaggerating, I really think there was about 200 people in the house.

Not that the house didn't have the space to welcome that many people, quite the contrary. I was leaning against the kitchen counter, watching Ethan shaking my cocktail, flexing his bulging arms, much to my delight. I know what you're thinking.

But you're wrong. What me and Ethan have going on has nothing romantic to it . Sure he's the hottest thing I have ever laid my eyes on to, but does that mean I want to jump on him and kiss him to my heart's content? Sure he has an extraordinary muscular body, and a sweet face that comes with it, but I'm not attracted to him in a "love" way.

He's unbearably cocky and hyper confident, and more, he's my student, which would make us hooking up a felony. Well not really but you get the principle.

However, I wouldn't mind him unwrapping me like a Christmas gift.

"One lemon margarita for you" as he winks to me.

Oh my god, so smug.

I smile, playing his little game.

"Thank you kind sir" I say bowing to his direction.

Wrong move.

My dress was so tight that I bet I flashed everyone that was standing behind me. Candace had convinced me to wear it, saying it enhanced my "physical beauty".

How poetical.

She wasn't wrong though. This little midnight blue dress emphasised every curve of my body, as well as my waist. I'd seen Ethan gazing at me when I came in, so I guess I'd made quite an impression on him. It had a plunging V-Neck, revealing my boobs in a good way. I snatch the cup out of his hands and try it.

"Mmh. Not bad" I say, taking another sip, and another. He laughs as he sees me gulping down my drink.

A few minutes later, I'm asking him to make me another one, having lively finished my first margarita.

After a few drinks, I feel tipsy, but go on with the party. I lost Mon and Candace a long while ago, and can't seem to find them. I hear people cheering in the dinning room, so I walk towards there, intrigued by all this agitation. I find a beer-pong table with only one cup remaining on both sides.

Ethan is playing with one of the boys of his team-TJ I think-against two other dudes, whom I don't know.

"Come on, concentrate Aaron" one of the dudes shouts to his partner. He concentrates and throws the little ping pong ball in the direction of his opponent's last glass. He misses. It's Ethan's turn now. He throws the ball with ease, and it lands perfectly in the last beer glass positioned in the centre of the table.

He cheers, checking TJ proudly. He spots me watching and signs me to come over.

"Want to play against the best beer-pong team there is ever existed?" he teases, grabbing his friend by the shoulder

"Right now? I don't even have a partner. That'll be a hard pass." I grin.

"Ouh, afraid of losing Preston? Afraid of being completely steamrolled by two incredible players?" God, he really is so cocky.