Chapter 15

AMARA

It's the second time in a week I'm find myself rushing out of Ethan Crawfords house.

What the hell had just happened? I couldn't do what? Kiss him? Of course I could. I had been dying to kiss him since last weekend. But why couldn't I?

Because it was Ethan motherfucking Crawford. I wasn't attracted to him? Why would I kiss him? There was too much going on in my head, and I guess that running away seemed to be my best option. I walk down the porch and call Candace.

Great.

No response. Of course, today had to be the day I didn't drive here. I couldn't just ask Ethan to bring me back, considering the fact that I had just let him hanging in his bedroom, so I guess that was out of the picture. I closed my jacket tightly and walked rapidly through the snow.

It took me about a half hour to get back to my apartment and I was absolutely chilled. I rushed inside and immediately jumped into the covers. What the hell had just happened? I turned on the TV and grabbed a tub of three-chocolate ice cream to drown my thoughts.

I wake up in my bed at 10am, completely out of place. My hair was a mess and I was still wearing my jacket.

My window was wide open and the wind was absolutely scratching my face. I rushed to close it, but as I stood up, I fell down, being stricken by a head rush. I couldn't see anything but black and white dots behind my eyelids. I struggled to my feet, clinging hopefully to the edge of my bed.

I stand out of my room seeing jade slumped over the kitchen counter.

"Hey! What's up?" she asks joyfully slurping her coffee.

"I've been better." I chuckle.

"Who the hell carried me to my room last night?" I ask.

"Oh, Candace and Monica did. You seemed cold."

"Oh that was sweet."

"Anyway, what are you doing tonight?" "Uhm, nothing actually."

"Why?"

"Because Timmy and his friends are heading down to a couple of bars. To celebrate the end of exams and stuff. You want to come?"

"That'd actually be nice! I'd be up for a drink or two."

"Nice" she says. She places her empty cup in the dishwasher, grabs her bag, and heads out of the front door.

"Oh by the way, Ethan is going to be there." She winks.

Oh.

That ought to be interesting.

"Come on! We're going to be late!" I hear Jade shouting from outside my room.

"I'm nearly ready!" I shout back. I look down at my bed currently covered in my entire wardrobe, dresses and skirts everywhere. I had been searching for an appropriate outfit for tonight, because Jade had said that the bar was pretty posh. I was absolutely not fucking ready.