Chapter 27

AMARA

I wake up gently, feeling a light buzz in my lower belly. I'm starting to believe that butterflies are actually living there. I can feel Ethan's strong arm wrapped around my waist as he snores lightly.

He isn't really a morning person. I haven't woken up with him that much, but from what I've heard from him in the morning, him and mornings aren't really a match. I try not to wake him up as I switch to my left side, facing his strong torso.

Since I've woken up, I couldn't stop thinking about last night.

I have feelings for you.

It had been true. I had said the truth, I had feelings for him. But there was something that was stopping me, something I couldn't describe, something that was eating me from the inside.

Something bruising my gut. I had tried so hard to keep it out of the surface, but it was just taunting me, taunting to come back.

6 YEARS AGO :

"She's stable. We've intubated her. She'll be stable for now."

"Is she going to make it?" I can hear Simeon's voice feebly. I can't move but I can see. My eyes are the only thing I can move. My whole body feels heavy and my head is throbbing horribly.

"Please-please tell me she'll be alright." I hear Simeon cry. His cry rips my heart to pieces. My eyes are now closed, I'm too weak to keep them opened, but I can hear him, distressed next to me.

I hear the faint sound of the machine slow down, beeping sluggishly, as I feel myself going against the hospital bed. I can't hear my heart thumping anymore.

"We're losing her. Bring me. Dr. Michaels!" I can't distinguish this voice. The only voice I recognise is Simeon's.

"What is happening. Please tell me she's still there!"His tears pierce my heart, breaking it into a thousand pieces, I want to get up and hug him but my body prevents me from doing so.

"You're going to have to go sir!"

"Please!" He begs. "Let me stay. I can't loose her."

"Leave. Now. This is an emergency." I don't hear the rest, and collapse into nothingness

"Hey you." Ethan voice makes me jump.

"Oh hi." He looks at me with a stern look in his eyes.

"You look panicked. What's up?" His voice is so innocent it makes me sad. He can't know now. It'll break his heart. It broke Simeon's. .

"Nope. I'm fine. I've slept amazingly" Partly true as he hadn't stopped snoring for an entire hour. But I still sleep amazingly when I'm with him.

"How'bout you babe?"

"Babe?" He looks surprised, but then his face stretched out a big bright smile.