Chapter 17

AMARA

Whatever I did, I kept ending up at Ethan's house.

Why? I don't know. It's like if there was a life size magnet, drawing me to him, I was about to lower his boxer, when we both heard the door opening. We looked at each other with horror, and I quickly put back my top. Ethan hadn't had time to put his pants back up so I threw a blanket at him. A few seconds later, Vinnie, TJ and Jeremiah walk in.

" Hey there" they say in unison, staring at us from head to toe.

"We got Chinese food, but I'm guessing you've got something else on the menu, eh Amara?" TJ smirks, winking shamelessly at Ethan.

So very embarrassing.

Ethan stands up, fully closed. How had he done that? He'd dressed up under the covers, very slyly.

"We're going to head up." He says taking my hand. I follow him and wave shyly to the three guys.

"Hi." I mumble, unable to look them directly in the eye. I knew. They knew. You had to be blind if you didn't understand what had just happened. Ethan opens his door, and as soon as I'm in, he closes it immediately, locking it.

"Safe." He chuckles, as I sit down on the bed.

"Gosh, that was embarrassing." I let out, breaking the silence that had been floating around.

"I know."

"You're a fast changer." I giggle, as he smiles proudly. He approaches me, leaning forward over me. The tension was high and rising. From where I was standing, I could feel his presence, feel the warmth that was escaping his broad body. I could smell his minty fresh breath, passing through my nostrils with pleasure.

I couldn't define what was happening between Ethan and I.

One word for it? Strange? Funny? Incredible? Weird? We shared the same passion for each other, but that didn't mean we had feelings for each other. He leaned in even more towards me, puckering his lips as he was about to kiss me. If I wanted this situation to be the less painful for me, I had to set a pair of rules.

"Whoa. Hold on there tiger." I laugh, holding my hands to his lips.

God, such smooth lips.

No! Amara, concentration!

"In order for this to work, we're gonna have to set a couple of rules down." As I finished my sentence, he seems taken aback.

"What to work out?"

"I don't know. This. What's going on between us."

"You mean us casually hooking up." I nod.

"Exactly. I promised myself I wouldn't go through any boy-related drama since the first day I set foot in this university, so I'm setting rules. Easy."

"But I'm a man. No boy-drama here." I ignore his joke.

"All right. Rule number one, no feelings." He nods. "Rule number two, no secrets." He nods again. "And rule number three, no drama."