Uno

Mystic Falls, 6pm.

The horizon was bathed in delicate shades of pink and purple, with a beautiful glow from the setting sun.

In an office building against the sunset, a young, long-haired girl stood up from her seat and stretched lazily, before turning off her computer and preparing to get off work punctually.

Shouldering her bag, she had just taken a single step out of the office when she heard her colleagues start discussing their gathering tomorrow.

"Everybody should come!" Someone excitedly said.

A female worker looked around and said: "Only Anna and Elsa aren't here; I'll notify them later."

"Alright, thanks for doing it!"

They took stock of who was around, recorded who was missing and prepared to inform them when they went home.

But nobody remembered they still had a colleague called Lalisa Manoban. 

It was as if she had never existed in their world.

— Even if she had just walked out of the door.

***

LISA

I walked with quick, light steps, turning a deaf ear to the conversation in the office.

It doesn't matter if they remembered me or not.

At the very least, I'd be saving money and getting a day off where no one would bother me.

Despite the fact that I had many such days, what humble corporate slave would object to having free time to rest without being disturbed?

Thinking of this, my footsteps got even lighter.

Getting off work punctually, a good amount of time to rest, the happiness of a corporate slave was just that simple!

I took the train home, ate, and showered before starting to clean my house.

Surprisingly, I discovered a coupon for a BBQ restaurant.

Tomorrow was the last day it could be used.

Tomorrow was also a weekend, so I didn't have to work.

Holding on to the voucher, I felt as if God was rewarding me for a week of long hours at work.

So, how could I say no?

——

Saturday

The weather was beautiful, with sunny skies and a gentle breeze.

It was the height of fall, and the sun's rays were warm and welcoming.

The wonderful weather was supposed to last all day.

I sat alone in the farthest corner of the BBQ restaurant.

There weren't many customers inside.

The waiters on staff were more than capable of handling the number of customers.

Despite this, I was forgotten twice, and despite ordering earlier, my meal arrived later than a table of people who arrived last.

My mood was positive—I wasn't impatient or irritated.

It didn't matter to me as long as the food arrived.

It was pointless to worry about little things like this.