Doce

Jungkook was stunned for a moment, feeling speechless in his heart, before he said, "Bro, I'm being all upset here, but you're sitting there, knitting; do you really think it's good?"

Lisa said rationally, "Time is precious; I'm just making good use of the time when nobody's saying anything. Besides, aren't I giving you time to calm down and formulate your words?"

And then she asked calmly, "So how is it? Do you want to talk now?"

Seeing such a peaceful Lisa, Jungkook suddenly thought of someone: "Bro, do you know who your peaceful look resembles?"

"Who?"

"My grandma."

Hearing that, Lisa blinked, then rubbed her head embarrassedly: "How embarrassing, such a high status."

Jungkook smiled helplessly, the slight amusement in his eyes growing to let him temporarily forget about his unhappiness.

Seeing his smile, Lisa kept her knitting needles and yarn: "You're smiling? That's good."

Jungkook's smile grew smaller as he turned his head to look at the pond with its blue-green water.

His whole heart felt like it was a lotus leaf floating on the surface, empty and unable to sink.

He interlaced his fingers as he rubbed them against each other.

The wind noise whistling past his ear grew even more desolate.

He didn't know if it was an acknowledgement of his current mood or if it was mocking his own wishful thinking.

Seeing him grow silent again, Lisa opened her bag and started winding the ball of yarn.

After she did it for a while, she heard Jungkook speak: "Bro, do you have someone you like but you can't have?"

"I don't."

Lisa stuffed the wound-up ball of yarn into her bag, her expression honest and open.

Sorry, to an invisible entity; I was the one that others couldn't get and couldn't see.

It was precisely because Lisa had this understanding that it was almost as if she had taken the route of celibacy in the past, not falling for anyone.

Any sort of trouble that arose from love and relationships had nothing to do with her.

Jungkook sighed, suddenly depressed. "I do."

Looking at him, Lisa nodded.

In her heart, Lisa thought, Bro, I know you do; it's all in the original storyline.

Jungkook's fingers moved slightly as he continued in a low voice: "I really like her. And I entered the entertainment industry for her because she said she wanted to get married to a star. Then she left the country. Before she left, she even told me it was just a joke and that I shouldn't take it seriously. I should do what I like. But what I like to do is to like her. But she rejected me."

He was slowly opening up.

Lisa didn't interrupt him, patting his shoulder comfortingly and listening seriously.

"She wants to further her studies and accomplish her own dreams, so she can't stay because of me. I understand, because she doesn't like me. After that, I met Miss Kim. I saw a shadow of her in Miss Kim, so my heart started racing. I started wanting to follow after Miss Kim, hoping that I could have a response to my feelings from her. But I didn't expect that before I even had a chance to compete, Miss Kim had already eliminated me from the competition."