Treinta

Lisa stood there with her bowl of instant noodles, her expression worthy of being used as a meme.

She had never, in her wildest dreams, thought that Jennie would actually lie to V about being gay.

And Jennie even said she liked her.

"Did V believe it?" Lisa asked incredulously.

Jennie nodded calmly.

Everyone is capable of lying.

And with Jennie's serious expression, anybody would believe her, V included.

He was probably still sitting in the coffee shop in a daze.

Lisa was utterly speechless.

She was incredibly surprised and dumbfounded.

But this made her start worrying about something.

—The system might cause trouble again.

Based on past experience, as long as the atmosphere became nice or warm between her and Jennie, the dog system would immediately and exaggeratedly rush out to let her know how outrageous it was.

Now Jennie had openly said she liked her. Even though Lisa knew it was an excuse, the system might not know.

So Lisa looked down and silently fished out the fork that had fallen into the soup as she quietly started counting down the seconds, waiting for the system to pop out.

One, two, three, four... Mm? Why isn't it coming out yet?

Lisa waited for a bit more; the system was really completely silent.

She was surprised.

Good heavens, the outrageous system actually didn't show up this time.

Lisa couldn't let her guard down yet.

"Jackson, why didn't the system give me a mission this time?"

【Why are you asking about missions now? Isn't it good that the system is quiet?】

"Because it would always jump out and give me nonsensical missions in the past, it's suspicious that it didn't this time! The system is being so quiet; it must be up to something!"

【Eat your noodles; don't scare yourself.】

The system had its own thinking and judgment processes.

When the system felt like it should issue a mission, it would certainly come out.

When it felt it shouldn't, it would be silent.

Now that it hadn't shown up, the meaning was clear.

Lisa felt that when she thought the system would show up but it didn't, this was also... a sort of ridiculousness.

She forced herself to calm down, turning around to fetch a bowl and wash it before serving the noodles.

Jennie saw that Lisa had been quiet for a while, and she asked curiously, "What's wrong? Are you mad that I used you as a shield?"

In the entire crew, she was closest to Lisa, and she was the one with the best understanding of what kind of person Lisa was.

So when V mentioned Lisa and spoke badly about her, Jennie was uncomfortable, even to the point of not caring about lying about her sexual orientation and saying she liked Lisa.

It was just an excuse to reject him anyway.

And compared to V, Lisa was indeed more worthy of being protected and liked.