Nueve

LISA

I walked over happily and left with a face of utter confusion.

I still hadn't figured out why Jennie would say that to me.

I hadn't even managed to say anything!

I rubbed my forehead irritatedly, a bold thought floating to the top of my mind.

Jennie, she...... couldn't have fallen for me already, right?

I recalled her normal, not-hot-not-cold attitude toward me; it seemed unlikely to be how someone who like me would act.

But Jennie's remarks now had an intriguing tone.

Perhaps she is a secretly flirty type?

I couldn't figure it out and decided to ask for help.

"Jackson, are you there?"

What's up?

Sometimes, I wondered if Jackson was living a life as 007. But after more thought, the nature of his work might not be the same as ordinary jobs, and I didn't need to worry about it.

"Did you hear what Jennie said just now?"

Yeah.

"Why did it sound like she was saying she would work hard for me?"

Not bad. It shows that you're in her heart!

We have only known each other for a few days. How could I be in her heart?

I'm just saying there's a possibility. She's not the type to pester someone after just a few meetings; maybe she just has a good feeling about you.

"So?" I asked with a frown.

As the male lead, you must, of course, work hard to gain the female lead's affection. From affection to attraction, and you must let her know you like her, you have her in your heart. Get together earlier, or something bad might happen if things keep dragging along.

"It's easy for you to say."

How could it be so easy to turn a boyxgirl romance into a GL story?

Besides, I didn't even know my own sexual orientation, but thinking about Jennie's face...

Damn it, it really works!

Humans are really superficial creatures!

So there's a long way to go, daughter.

I sighed.

Indeed, there's a long way to go for this ordinary person.

I turned around to look in the direction Jennie had walked.

But there were some things I still wanted to properly discuss with her.

***

In the following days, though, Lisa couldn't find the chance to speak to Jennie at all.

If Jennie wasn't reading the script, she was getting into character to try and act as flawlessly as possible.

Add on to that the fact that Jisoo would come to the filming area from time to time to see Jennie, and she had pretty much no opportunity at all.

If Lisa tried too hard, it was easy for others to think she had an ulterior motive, especially for Jisoo, an established manager who might get annoyed at an outsider being a busybody.