Ch. 5: The Trickster, Adegast

Luz looked over this map, confused about what it meant to be.

"Uh, you guys are from here, do you know what I'm doing wrong? Because I don't have the faintest clue what I'm doing." Luz said.

Willow took the map and held it up to the sun, revealing a secret route to the 'Celestial Staff', whatever that was.

"According to this, we need to follow the path that leads west of Bonesborough, we should get there quickly." Willow said

"Any particular reason?" Luz asked Willow, letting her lead.

"That part of the woods gets really busy around sundown. Never know why but it's better to not find out." Willow said.

They begin to head to the outskirts of Bonesborough, the place they begin the adventure and hopefully take down Adegast.

Along the way, Luz learned more about Gus and Willow along the way as they talked. Gus was a prodigy illusionist that had a dream of being a master illusionist and human expert, while Willow actually desired to be inside the plant track at school and become the strongest plant witch around.

"If that's true, why are you in the abomination track?" Luz asked her. "You should be free to peruse your own dream without worry."

"I know but my dads say that there are more opportunities in the abomination track, so I'm doing my best to try and not disappoint then." Willow said.

Luz rubbed her arm.

"I know how that feels." Luz mumbled.

They arrived to the outside of Bonesborough and Luz looked back at the town.

"Listen, this is going to be dangerous, I would understand if you two wanted to back out now." Luz said.

"And let the human girl do this on her own?" Willow asked, "Not a chance."

"Yeah, we're in this together!" Gus said, "If he thinks he can trick our new friend, he has another thing coming!"

Luz smiled at their loyalty, finding it very comforting as they time he'd along the map's path until they reached a remote village.

"This is the place?" Luz asked as Willow looked over the map.

"This is the place." Willow said as they approached the fountain before the citizens of the village came out to greet them.

"They're like... cat people... this is weird." Luz said.

"Really? This seems pretty normal to me." Gus said, looking at the cat citizens.

"Yeah, this is pretty normal for the demon realm." Willow said as they mayor of the town came forward.

"Well, not for the human realm... Willow, are we going the right way? I want to get out of this place."

"We are but what's the rush, Luz? They seem friendly." Gus said with a smile, actually getting a wink from one of the cat girls.

"We need to focus. For all we know, this is a trap." Luz said before sensing the nature around the town...only to find it DEAD.

All of it was DEAD!

"Gus, it is a trap, we know this, there's no way Adegast would send us through here if it wasn't a trap." Luz said.

"Wait, Luz, what if we use this?" Willow said quietly.

"What do you mean?"

"We don't know if he's listening, so if we go along with this ploy of his, we can get him close to us and take him out." Willow whispered.