Ch. 33: Grom Queen

A few days after Odalia was arrested, the Blight children had a new feeling, one they've never felt before... freedom. While Blight Manor was being repaired, the trio were staying with Eda, and seeing the trio actually be happy was a sight Luz was happy to see. Eda didn't plan on letting them stay, but Althea has her ways.

'Goddess of Health, more like the Goddess of Seduction.' Eda thought, drinking from her mug.

"Eda, is that a hickey on your neck?" Luz asked.

"Don't." Eda warned, "Just get those kids and yourself to school, and let me forget my night."

"Can't fool me, I heard your pleasure scream." Luz said.

"You are very lucky that you heal fast." Eda said, "Now out."

"I'm going... auntie." Luz said with a smirk.

Eda threw a knife at Luz, which just made the young God laugh. Luz got the Blight children, and Titan, and headed to school. The entire way, Emira was amazed by everything she saw. She had been blind for so long that she forgot what color looked like, and finally being able to see it again... it was an incredible feeling. Emira ran up to a tree and hugged the red leaved plant.

"I love red!"

She hugged a rock, the ground, she hugged everything with color.

"Color is incredible!" Emira said, "I love being able to see! I almost forgot what the sun looked like!"

Amity and Edric moved to stop Emira from staring at the sun.

"Don't do that, otherwise you'll go blind again." Amity said.

Luz chuckled at the antics of Emira, it was like a kid experiencing something for the first time.

"We're going to be late if you guys don't hurry up." Luz said, "Come on, Willow said today was a special day."

Amity and Edric dragged Emira along with them, and the group made it to school, where Luz saw the place being decorated.

'Okay, this is strange.' Luz thought.

"What's going on?" Luz asked, before getting an answer from a friend walking up.

"It's Grom, the yearly school dance." Willow said, carrying the small Boscha flower.

"Willow!" Luz said, happily, "What can I do for you?"

"Well, I promised Boscha that if she helped with... everything from a few days ago, I'd let her turn back early." Willow said, holding Boscha out.

"Yeah, please turn me back, I miss being able to walk." Boscha said.

"Alright, no problem." Luz said, before looking at the Blight family, "You guys should get to class, this could take a while."

The Blights walked away from Luz, heading their own ways.

With Amity, she headed towards her abomination class, but in order to do so, she had to pass the Bard class. Inside, was Skara, playing her harp like a pro. Amity curled her fingers, itching to get her hands on an instrument. She was always creative, no matter how much her moth... the bitch who shall not be named... tried to get rid of it. Amity wanted to be a bard, but she also loved Abominations, and she knows it's wrong to do both. She wasn't a god like Luz, she can't get away with it like Luz.

Emira was walking around, still loving all the sights she could finally see, when her eyes landed on something... or rather... someone. A girl in a dual track uniform.

"W-w-who is that?" Emira asked.

"That's Viney." Edric said, "Now come on, we have to get to class."

"I'll... I'll catch up."

There were many things Emira had wanted to see again, but they all paled in comparison to the girl just a few dozen feet away.

'I'm going to ask her to Grom, no matter what.'

That's a thought that will keep Emira's focus all day long... until the Grom Royalty announcement came over the speaker.

"Hello, students." Principal Bump said, "I am proud to announce our highest grom honor to... Luz Noceda... our Grom Queen."