1. Maxident

I got no time to say hi. It's Monday. More importantly, it is the day we get the results of our mid-terms.

"Have your breakfast!" My mom shouts as I rush out of the house.

"I'll have it in school," I call back, running to my bicycle. "NO! YOU WON'T!" She yells angrily.

Okay... Let's not make a mother angry. It may destroy the world. I run back to her and stuff the sandwich she made; into my mouth.

Now, I'm on my bicycle going to school.

Hi! I'm Yamamoto Hikari.

Currently in Junior year of Jingyeok High in Seoul.

To say about my characteristics... well you can say that I'm mostly lazy... like come on, what else can you expect from a teenager.

People around me call me Kari. Probably because Koreans feel comfortable calling by two-syllable names. 

And I'm Japanese... Half-Japanese.

My dad is Japanese and met my mom in South Korea, who is Korean. They fell in love and blah blah blah...well, we moved here when I was around six, which means I have a Korean name.

Not official, though. It isn't on my birth certificate.

And I kinda dislike it... My grandmama gave it to me before I was even named Hikari.

She's probably laughing at me up from the sky now for what I'm going through because of that name.

Okay. My name Hikari means 'someone who shines bright'. But the Korean one... it means a dew drop.

Umm... Seriously? A dew drop?

What kind of depression was she going through to name me something that means a dew drop?

Welp. No one calls me by that anyway. My Korean name is-

"YAH! ISEUL!!"

Iseul...well, it's Yiseul but... that's the name I hate. And you know what I hate more? The person who called me that right now. I turn my head to see that person on the bicycle beside mine.

Hwang Hyunjin is his name.

You can call him my competitor or hater or my rival!

And let me tell you one thing, he is a PEST! Like I don't even know why he calls me that! If annoying me would get him money, I'm pretty sure he would be a millionaire by now. It's almost as if he has taken annoying me as a part-time job.

He winks at me grinning evilly as he overtakes my bicycle. But lemme tell you one more thing.

If he hates me, then I hate him more...

If he annoys me, I annoy him more...

I don't wanna be better than everyone else. I just wanna be better than Hwang Hyunjin.

So, let's pedal up!

Now, I'm in the front. And I know Hyunjin's grin is fading slowly. That's Hyunjin's face of defeat. You don't know the wicked satisfaction I get by seeing that.

We both have the ability to make everything a competition. The reason I was rushing to school is that when I see the results, it's okay if I'm on top. But if that Hyunjin is on top, well... I'm gonna rip those papers off. I bet he's early for the same reason. So I'm not gonna let him get to school before me.

We were so immersed in our competitive spirit that we didn't notice a girl in front of us. As we did notice her, we tried to stop ourselves from hitting her. But it was too late. Our bicycles ended up colliding, then falling onto the ground.