4. The Dinner!

"Hikari!!" Hyunjin's mother opened the door and immediately hugged me. "It's been ages since you visited us! I missed you a lot." She continued.

"Mom... You do realize that I'm still here, right?" Hyunjin added sarcastically rolling his eyes.

"Hyunjin-ahh, I'm really sorry for this, but it's been so long since I've met up with Kari...so let me savour my moments." Hyunjin's mom said pouting. "Come on in."

"If you would stop hugging her and give her some space, maybe she would," Hyunjin said showing a hint of irritation... and I quite enjoyed it. "Oh! Looks like someone's jealous... Come on Ms.Hwang, let's have fun!" I said teasing Hyunjin.

See, now this is why I love coming here. I can tease him as I like and when he tries to shoot back, a strong force stops him and that's his mom. More to say his house is like my territory.

Hah! The irony in it!!

~

Ms.Hwang asked me how Hyunjin treated me in school. She knew that we don't get along. Even my mom knew, yet both of them never stop arranging these dinner plans in action. Well, I like spending time here, except for the fact that Hyunjin will also be there.

Back to Ms.Hwang's question... I couldn't miss this chance. So, I explained everything, even what happened today. After listening to all this, Ms.Hwang just furrowed her brows. And I understood that today's dinner was gonna be EVENTFUL! Hahaha... can't wait!

While I was scrolling through my phone on the couch, I felt something furry finding its way into my lap and cuddling. It was Kkami, Hyunjin's dog and maybe the cutest existence in the entire world.

"Kkami!!" I exclaimed. "I've missed you," I said and was snuggling him when I saw Hyunjin behind me, drying the water dripping from the tips of his hair strands with a towel. He was looking at me with a perplexed look on his face.

That perplexed look? Oh, not for long... he immediately started glaring at me. "What?" I ask annoyed.

"Oh... nothing. I just find it amusing that you can... I don't know, behave human!!" He said with a pinch?... Nah, a whole lot of sarcasm.

"Same here." I spat.

"EXCUSE ME??" He started only to be interrupted by Yeji.

"Can you both kinda stop it? I have heard enough of your bickering in school. I really hope you don't continue it here. And let me have my dinner in peace." Ok... now that was unexpected.

Both Hyunjin and I glanced at each other, feeling a bit guilty. So we just stayed silent. "Kids! Dinner is ready!" Hyunjin's mom called us.

~

"So, kids... I saw the results today." Ms.Hwang started only to get groans in return from Yeji and Hyunjin, while me? I've got nothing to lose.

"Come on! Eomma, we're having dinner. And you're talking about it now? These both brats somehow ended up first or second while I'm the one who gets caught up in these convos.." Yeji pleaded.

"I'm not scolding you now, am I? Your rank is 32... that's not bad, is it?" Ms.Hwang said and turned to me, "I'm just thankful to Hikari if it were not for her... Hyunjin would not have been this good." She added.

Did I help him study? Nah. According to Ms.Hwang, Hyunjin's hate towards me is what drives him to beat me... even in studies.

"Now, that's offensive! What do you mean by that, Eomma?" Hyunjin pouts... a rare sight, which I wish I don't ever see.

"I was just joking... but tell me seriously, would you have tried this hard if it were not for Hikari?" Ms.Hwang chuckles.

Hyunjin remained silent and just continued eating his dinner. "I don't know... maybe?" He finally said.