Chapter 4-6

CHAPTER 4

The summer day shift of the garment factory starts at six o'clock in the morning, so before dawn, the family courtyard is bustling with activity. Queues lined up next to the faucets, and the earthen and coal stoves of each household were also fired up. Those who washed rice and kneaded dough kneaded noodles, and the scent wafted out after a while.

Standing in front of the stove, Zhang Xiumei held a spatula in her right hand, scooped out small pieces of milky white lard from the bowl held in her left hand, and put it into a hot iron pan to refine it.

Soon, the overbearing scent of lard spread with Zila's voice, and Li Guihua next door smelled the scent and asked, "Xiumei, what do you do to make it so fragrant?" While talking, knock eggs into the pot, use a spatula to smash the egg liquid and stir fry.

"You fried rice with lard and eggs." Li Guihua threw the noodles into the pot, covered the pot and let it cook. Then she walked to the Lin family's stove and asked jokingly in a low voice, "What's the matter?" Is Jingjing's marriage settled?"

Zhang Xiumei took out the fried eggs that had changed color, and then poured vegetables into the pot, while frying, she said, "Can't my daughter have a good meal if her marriage is not settled?"

The two Having been a neighbor for more than ten years, Li Guihua knew Zhang Xiumei's temper very well. Hearing her voice, she knew that she was not in a good mood. She choked and said, "You are really a person. When did I say this? Isn't it yesterday's friendship? Did you go, so there is no good news?"

Zhang Xiumei stopped cooking, raised her head and smiled and said, "She was dragged by the union officials to make up the numbers, and she came back after going around for a while, so what good news can there be?"

"You Just fool me," Li Guihua didn't quite believe Zhang Xiumei's explanation, and couldn't help but ask in a low voice after speaking, "Jing Jing is also at the age of marriage, so she doesn't have any ideas in her mind?" "She still doesn't understand, what can she have?

" Idea?" Zhang Xiumei said, picked up half a bowl of rice on the stove, poured it into an iron pan and pressed it with a spatula, and said, "I don't want Jing Jing to marry too far, they are soldiers from all over the world, if they can be It’s okay to be a soldier all your life, but you have to go back to your hometown when you can’t get promoted at the age.”

Li Guihua did not doubt this, Zhang Xiumei has always loved her daughter, she just felt it was a pity, and said with a sigh: "I heard that all the people participating in this fellowship are military officers, and their prospects are not bad. The job is definitely not bad. And after changing jobs, they don't have to go back to their hometown, they can also stay in the city with their wives." Zhang Xiumei knows what

Li Guihua said, and the reason why she said this is because she doesn't want her daughter to be talked about.

Every time after the sorority is over, there will be good news coming out of the family courtyard one after another. The colleagues who everyone congratulates will inevitably talk about those young people who have nothing to do after the sorority. Laziness, even a person who is good at everything, has to be muttered about his high vision.

Although Zhang Xiumei knew that Lin Jing came back after going to the sorority for a while, but outsiders might not believe it. Seeing that her daughter was not cared about later, it might be too ugly to say. That being the case, it's better for her to take the responsibility on herself in advance. The mother-in-law chooses the son-in-law, and she should be stricter.

It's just that it's okay to have these thoughts in my mind, and it's hard to say, so Zhang Xiumei said vaguely: "Anyway, she is young, let's look at it later."