Lena Luthor, CEO

Kara squints up into the afternoon sun at the large skyscraper that is LuthorCorp. She's been conflicted about seeing Lena, especially after her and Supergirl's disagreement. And after Kara ran away from her. Kara sighs loudly, drawing the attention of some of the other individuals mulling around the entrance of LuthorCorp. She smiles awkwardly, doing a little hand wave that every bisexual does when they are in the spotlight. Adjusting her glasses, she peers up again trying to regain the confidence she had before she left CatCo. She takes a deep breath and walks through the doors.

"Hi, welcome to LuthorCorp. How may I assist you today?" A different woman greets her at the entrance this time. A mousey brunette with glasses too big for her face looks at her, the large lenses enlarging her soft brown eyes.

"Yes, hi. Perhaps you could help me? My name is Kara Danvers from CatCo Media, and I was here approximately two weeks ago interviewing Lena Luthor. I seem to have misplaced the voice recorder that I had brought. I usually never lose that thing." Kara knows she's rambling, but can't seem to stop. The poor woman in front of her though appears to digest every word she has said.

"Oh, welcome back, Ms. Danvers. I'll call up to Ms. Luthor and see what I can do. If you don't mind waiting for a few moments, you can sit over there." She points to the same seating area Kara sat in previously. Kara nods before sitting down. Pulling out her phone, she pretends to be texting while listening to the woman call Lena.

"Ms. Teschmacher. Good afternoon, I have Ms. Kara Danvers from CatCo Media to pick up a voice recorder she left here."

"Oh, Ms. Luthor has kept that safely for Ms. Danvers. Let me put you through to Ms. Luthor. One moment." Kara and the woman wait patiently for Lena to pick up the phone. Soft classical hold music fills the void.

"Audrey, how can I help?" Lena's voice filters through the phone and Kara instantly melts at the sound.

"Ms. Luthor, thank you. I have Ms. Kara Danvers in the lobby looking for a lost voice recorder. Eve says you have kept it. Should I come to get it from you?" At this point, Audrey looks over at Kara, smiling. Kara smiles back politely like she hasn't been listening to the entire conversation.

"Actually, Audrey, can you send Kara up? I'd like to speak with her personally." The tone in Lena's voice barely changes from professional, but Kara catches the slight hint of uneasiness.

"Of course, Ms. Luthor. Right away." Audrey hangs up the phone before catching Kara's attention. "Ms. Danvers?" Kara looks over, sliding her phone back into her pocket.

"Yes?"

"Ms. Luthor has asked me to send you up. She would like to speak with you." Kara nods. "She's on the 26th floor again. The elevators are around the corner."

"Thank you," Kara says with a teeth-closed smile. Wiping her sweaty palms on her jeans, Kara waits for the elevator to reach the lobby. On the ride up to the 26th floor, Kara tries to think of something to say about why she ran after they kissed. Maybe she could come up with some excuse about Alex. Or a digestive reason. Ugh, it all sounds stupid. Suddenly, the elevator doors open. Kara steps off, unsure of where to go. Luckily, Eve comes around the corner to greet her.

"Ms. Danvers. This way, please." Kara nods, following Eve towards Lena's office. The floor is newly built, incomparable to the lower floors that Kara has seen. With the large glass windows lining the hallway, Kara can practically see the other side of National City. She slows down a moment to take in the view. Kara can see her apartment from here. Not a clear view straight through the window, but still. Eve guides Kara past her desk and stops at the door at the end of the hallway. There's a little gold placard on the door: LENA LUTHOR, CEO. Eve knocks.