The Interview

TUESDAY

Sitting at her kitchen table, Kara glances over the list of interview questions that Nia created. A few of the questions ask about the newest technology that LuthorCorp is developing while others ask Lena about her personal life. Twirling the pen between her fingers, Kara nervously sips her coffee. This interview could make or break her journalism career. Kara finishes her coffee before leaving her apartment. Walking towards CatCo, Kara's heart beats so hard against her chest that she thinks it'll break through. Fortunately, it doesn't. Kara steps into the lobby, pressing the elevator button. On a normal day, she would take the stairs to ensure she remains in shape, but she's burning enough calories with her anxiety.

Ding! The elevator doors open and Kara steps on. As the doors begin to close, Kara hears hurrying footsteps. She's already holding her arm to stop the elevator as Nia calls out.

"Hold it please!" Kara watches as Nia practically collapses into the elevator, holding a tray filled with several cups of coffee. Panting heavily, Nia nods her thanks to Kara, who lets the doors slide shut.

"You okay, Nia?" Kara asks.

"Oh. Yea, I'm fine. Cat's just got me busy plus helping..." Her voice lowers. "...helping Supergirl is catching up to me. Sometimes the dreams keep me from getting a good rest."

"If you need a break, I'm sure the Super Friends will be okay without Dreamer for a bit." Nia shakes her head.

"No, no. I'm good. Just learning to balance it all." Kara nods as the elevator doors open to the bustling floor of CatCo. With a quick wave, Nia takes off towards Cat's office to drop off her coffee. Kara walks to her desk and slumps into it, the pressure of the interview weighing on her shoulders. A few moments pass before Kara's phone vibrates in her pocket. Pulling it out, Kara looks at the screen. A bright blue bar appears across the top of her phone screen. Interview w/ Lena Luthor, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. In less than four hours, Kara will be face-to-face with Lena Luthor, CEO of one of the biggest tech companies in National City. And her crush. Blowing out her breath, Kara opens her notebook to the list of interview questions she has. The next three hours pass by achingly slowly for Kara. Finally, her phone buzzes once again, reminding her of the interview at LuthorCorp.

Kara stands in front of LuthorCorp, the large building towering over the city sidewalk. She pulls open the door, stepping into the lobby. In front of Kara is a long reception desk along the wall, with three women sitting behind it. One of them, a shorter, blonde woman looks up as Kara enters.

"Hello, welcome to LuthorCorp. How can I help you today?" The woman smiles brightly, her eyes never leaving Kara's as she approaches.

"Hi there. Ahem, uh, Kara Danvers from CatCo Media for Lena Luthor." The woman smiles again, before looking down at her computer. Punching in something on the keyboard, she nods.

"Perfect. I have you checked in." She pulls a badge from a cabinet under her desk. "Please wear this and have a seat over there. Someone will be down shortly." Kara nods, taking the badge and slipping it over her neck before walking over to the seating area the woman pointed to. Kara didn't have to wait too long.

"Ms. Danvers?" Eve Teschmacher stands near the reception desk, waiting for Kara. "Right this way, Ms. Luthor is waiting." Kara nods, following Eve towards the elevator. Kara smiles awkwardly at Eve during the elevator ride to the 22nd floor. Since the fire only happened a few days ago, the floors above were still blocked off, and unable to be used. Eve leads Kara onto the floor, twisting through several hallways before reaching the edge of the floor. Eve knocks on the door.

"Come in!" Lena calls out. Eve opens it, gesturing for Kara to step through. Nodding her thanks, Kara steps into the rather large office space. Since it's a corner office, there are floor-to-ceiling windows on two of the four walls, illuminating the space. Lena Luthor sits at a large, mahogany desk, tucked near the back, but still in the center of the room. When Kara enters, Lena looks up, her green eyes glowing with excitement. Her raven-black hair is curled loosely around her face, framing it like a portrait. Lena stands, her heels clicking against the floor as she comes over to greet Kara.