Chapter 61: Gossip 06

The situation in the 06 greenhouse is not much different from the last time when Lama grass was sown. The inside is still the same as it was cleaned before. The planting fields are all empty and there are no other crops. . . 

         All kinds of farming tools and flower pots in the novel are neatly placed in a fixed position. In the center of the empty planting field, a rectangle is surrounded by four thin bamboo branches. It is a mark specially made by Professor Lin before. Inside the enclosed rectangle, It is the location where Lama grass is planted.

  In the greenhouse, if there is any difference from before, that is because of the presence of Lama grass, you cannot enter and exit at will to organize, and on the bare planting ground, you can more or less see some green weeds emerging. The only place where I couldn't find a single weed was the one with Lama grass, the central planting. Seen from a distance, the plantation land was pitch black, without any greenery, and there was no sign of germination that the people from the Academy of Sciences said.

  After approaching, he bent down to take a closer look, and finally found the buds belonging to plants from the dark soil. The green sprouts with a darker color are exposed, and the snow-white color hidden in the soil looks like mung bean sprouts buried in the soil, only showing less than half a knuckle height of the little finger.

  The aggressiveness of Lama grass, without the presence of Resende and others, the researchers would not have approached this greenhouse. It was found that Lama grass sprouted, which was actually discovered through monitoring. In order to facilitate the observation of the growth of plants in the greenhouse, a monitoring camera is installed on the top of the greenhouse. 

         After seeing the unexpectedly short buds of Lama grass with his own eyes, Ji Lin didn't know whether the people in the Academy of Sciences had tricky eyes, or whether he should admire the high-end surveillance cameras in the greenhouse.

  For a moment, Ji Lin was surprised by the short buds of the Lama grass, and followed the researchers around the planting site, and began to observe the four sprouting buds with interest. Although the seeds of this Lama grass look almost exactly the same, that doesn't mean that the Lama grass that grows will be the same.

  While observing the young shoots of Lama grass, the researchers were doing some data measurement and probability, and they were still whispering to each other. Ji Lin stood next to Leisende, and after looking at it for a while, he couldn't tell whether the four similarly grown sprouts belonged to the same species, so he pulled Leisende's sleeve and asked in a low voice.

  Leisende glanced at it and shook his head slightly, 【I can't tell if it hasn't grown to a mature plant. Even if it grows to a mature plant, some varieties have the ability to mimic, so it's not easy to judge. Only after the mature plants show their attack ability can we determine what species it is. 】

  But it is not 100% able to recognize the species. The species of Lama grass discovered by the people of the Mandel Starfield are actually not complete. Some are hidden deep and difficult to be found, and some are too dangerous.

          After the zone, there is basically no chance of leaving alive, and there are others—only in literature and legends, such as Lama grass, which is said to have the ability to leap in space. In any case, Lei Sende only hoped that among the six Lama grasses, there was no particularly dangerous species, otherwise they had not suffered any serious injuries on the side of Asi Beast, and they might have been tossed half to death by the Lama grass.

  Although the researchers of the Academy of Sciences looked left and right at the four young shoots of Lama grass, and looked carefully for a long time, the four young shoots did not move, and they looked like ordinary plants. It is not as magical as Resende said earlier. Leisende's posture didn't seem easy to get along with, and the researchers didn't dare to ask, but the old professors headed by Professor Lin didn't care about Leisende's posture at all, and asked directly if they couldn't figure it out.

  However, Resende could not give an answer. It's not that he hasn't seen the young shoots of Lama grass, but—he really hasn't seen such short shoots, whether in the wild or in the cultivation center of the Mandel star field. In the end, the old professors guessed that the sprouts were too small, and they planned to raise them for a while before looking at them.

  The old professors took people back to the laboratory to sort out the data, while Ji Lin and Leisende were led by the guards in charge of the internal security of the eastern laboratory building, and went to the rooms assigned to them in the dormitory building.

  When the two sides parted ways in the corridor, Yan Chengqi called to stop Ji Lin.

  "Do you have time later?" Yan Chengqi asked aloud, looking at Ji Lin with a gentle smile in the corner of his eyes.

  "There should be time around dinner." Ji Lin thought about it seriously and replied.

  During the research on Lamagrass, at least until they got the first batch of seeds that could be used for experiments, they had to stay in the research institute. He and Resende followed the guards to check the rooms assigned to them. Go back to the small building arranged by Cao Haitian to pack up some change of clothes. Once back and forth, it was almost time for dinner.

  "Okay, see you at the coffee shop after dinner."

  There are many places for leisure and entertainment in the research institute. In addition to the indispensable facilities such as restaurants and libraries, there are also places like coffee shops for researchers to relax.

  Ji Lin said that the time he was free was before and after dinner, but Yan Chengqi didn't make an appointment at the restaurant directly, obviously he wanted to talk to him alone. Ji Lin was a little surprised. He didn't understand that there was something between him and Yan Chengqi that needed to be discussed in private. After being taken aback for a while, he nodded in agreement. With Yan Chengqi's personality, if he had nothing to do, he probably wouldn't ask him to have a private chat.

  Yan Chengqi made an appointment with Ji Lin, and hurriedly followed Professor Lin and the others away. After watching them go away, Ji Lin turned around and found that Lei Sende was obviously in a bad mood again.

  What's the matter? Ji Lin felt that Leisende was in a bad mood too often recently. The guard still led the way, and it was difficult for him to ask. After the guard brought Ji Lin and Leisende to the room assigned to them, and handed them the key to leave, Ji Lin stopped Leisende who came out after viewing the room.

  "Raysende, are you unhappy?" Leisende didn't answer right away, Ji Lin thought for a while, and then asked tentatively, "I have to come to the institute because of me?" 

        [ No. 】Speaking of this, Resende quickly denied it.

  He knew that Ji Lin was very interested in Lama grass, or he rarely saw Ji Lin showing such an obvious interest in one thing, and he didn't want to spoil Ji Lin's mood. But the negative was given quickly, and the reason was a bit difficult for Leisende to say. Yan Chengqi was Ji Lin's senior brother, and the two had known each other for a long time. 

         If he directly said that he hated his senior brother, it might make Ji Lin unhappy. He used to be unhappy, it was anger, but recently—especially after seeing Yan Chengqi, his unhappiness has turned into a feeling of depression. He hates Yan Chengqi, but he can't think of a reasonable explanation. Anxiety caused depression.

  Lei Sende sorted out his thoughts for a while, and then asked Ji Lin, 【Are you looking for a partner? ]

  "Why do you ask that?" As a crush, Ji Lin couldn't help but panic when he was suddenly asked that question by his crush, a little afraid that Leisende would see his thoughts on him.

  Could it be that Resende is unhappy because of this? Thinking of this, Ji Lin's heart turned cold, and he lowered his eyes in an evasive way, hoping that when he was further questioned by Resende, he could use this to hide his emotions and deny his thoughts. He still didn't want to leave Resende's side. Even if it is destined that Leisende will not accept him, he does not want to leave Leisende so soon, he still wants to stay in a place where he can see him for a longer time, longer...

  and seeing Ji Lin flustered The appearance of concealment, Resende felt that he was right. Ji Lin is thinking of finding a partner, and he already has a favorite. After checking the males who have been in contact with Ji Lin recently, Yan Chengqi's smiling face appeared in front of his eyes without any surprise. Apart from Yan Chengqi, Leisende couldn't think of anyone more suspicious.

  Lei Sende only felt that his suffocating chest was on fire, and his strange emotions changed from faintly floating to violently tumbling. He pursed his lips, his jaw tensed into a cold and hard line, trying his best to suppress his emotions and control his urge to kill Yan Chengqi immediately.

  【Yan Chengqi is not good enough for you. 】Resende said in a cold voice. He doesn't like Yan Chengqi because he is close to Ji Lin, but Yan Chengqi is not good enough for Ji Lin!

  "What?" Ji Lin, who was waiting for Leisende to question him, couldn't help looking up at Leisende blankly when he heard such a completely irrelevant sentence.

  【Yan Chengqi is not good enough, you can find someone better than him. ] After Leisende finished speaking, he felt as if he was depressed in his heart and seemed to have some outlets. That's right, he just hopes that Ji Lin can find someone who can treat him well, but Yan Chengqi can't, that's not a simple person.

  Thinking of this, Resende himself was a little dazed. His mood seemed to be like what Lucas said, and he regarded Ji Lin as his female cub. Many male fathers think that all males in the universe are not worthy of their female cubs. However, Leisende felt that he was a little different. He felt that there were males who could match Ji Lin.

  "I don't think so about Senior Brother Yan." Ji Lin was puzzled, why did Leisende associate him with Yan Chengqi, Leisende probably hadn't heard of the scandal between him and Yan Chengqi. They only came in and out of the institute, and they didn't meet his former colleagues. No one should have mentioned this to Resende.

  Ji Lin still doesn't dare to let Leisende know his admiration, but he doesn't want him to misunderstand that he is interested in others, so he looked into Leisende's eyes, and reiterated seriously, "Brother Yan is just a brother, I don't I like him."

  [Really? 】

  "Really."

  Hearing Ji Lin's serious answer, Leisende felt that the churning emotion in his chest finally subsided, and his mood improved a lot.

  After receiving repeated assurances from Ji Lin that he had no intention of admiring Yan Chengqi, after tidying up his clothes and returning to the research institute, they had dinner together in the restaurant, and Leisende asked Ji Lin to go to Yan Chengqi's appointment.

  The coffee shop is not in the east area of ​​the institute, but outside the east area and next to the east area.

  There were not many people in the coffee shop at night, so Yan Chengqi and Ji Lin chose a seat next to the floor-to-ceiling windows and ordered a cup of coffee each.

  Yan Chengqi added a cube of sugar to his coffee cup, and gently stirred it with a thin-handled silver spoon, with elegant movements. When Yan Chengqi felt that the sugar cube was almost melted, he stopped stirring and put the spoon aside, Ji Lin asked, "Senior Brother Yan, what do you want from me?"