Chapter 62: Gossip 07

"I can only find you if I have something to do? Brothers can't even catch up with each other?" Yan Chengqi sighed, looking extremely sad.

  If you want to reminisce about the past, you have to recount the past. Brothers in the same university and department have a long relationship, but when it comes to personal friendship, they are actually just acquaintances, which cannot be more shallow. Ji Lin couldn't think of anything to say about himself and this Senior Brother Yan, and he was not a good talker. When Yan Chengqi asked, he couldn't think of how to answer, so he could only purse his lips and remain silent.

  It's still the same as before! Seeing Ji Lin's silence, Yan Chengqi couldn't help but sigh in his heart. When he was in school, he was considered a famous figure. It cannot be said that everyone in the school knew him, but it can definitely be said that there were not many people in the school who did not know him. He also has a wide range of friends. Walking around the school, there must be an endless stream of people greeting him. 

         There are those who are flamboyant and talkative, and those who are taciturn, but Ji Lin doesn't seem to belong to either of them. He doesn't talk much, but he doesn't flinch like someone who is not good at words. He is so clear and indifferent. This is why Yan Chengqi doesn't remember Zhang Wen, but remembers Ji Lin.

  But now is not the time to reminisce about the past, Ji Lin didn't answer, Yan Chengqi also stopped his original intention of enlivening the atmosphere, the smiles in the corners of his eyes faded, and his expression became a little more serious.

  "I heard about you leaving the research institute." Yan Chengqi said.

  Ji Lin was taken aback, and realized that Yan Chengqi was talking about his resignation and leaving the research institute. Since he specifically asked him to speak privately, he obviously heard about his affair with him. Ji Lin was not surprised by this. Yan Chengqi is now in the east area of ​​the institute, and his former colleagues are in the west area of ​​the institute. They are all in the same institute, so close to each other. 

          Yan Chengqi also has acquaintances in the institute. , and Yan Chengqi's uncle is also in the West District, no matter what, Yan Chengqi will definitely go there. He passed away, so someone would naturally bring it up, compared to the time when that incident happened more than three months ago, not too long ago.

  "About my uncle's transfer of you from the laboratory..." Yan Chengqi paused slightly, his eyes showed apology, "I apologize to you on his behalf, I'm sorry. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to ask you to forgive him. I just I came here to apologize to you because I didn't agree with his behavior. But he is my uncle after all, no matter how much I disagree, I can't tell my elders what to do..." 

         "I understand." In fact, Yan Chengqi didn't need to apologize to him , he did nothing wrong, not only did he do nothing wrong, but he was also a victim of innocence.

  Ji Lin actually didn't have much feeling for Director Yan, he blamed him for causing Yan Chengqi, and moved him out of the laboratory, but that was not the main reason for him to leave the research institute. Even if there was no transfer from the laboratory, after he knew Zhang Wen's intentions, he would not stay in the institute anymore. Because of his personality, dealing with people has never been his specialty. 

         The members of the project team were actually organized by Zhang Wen, and most of them were friends with Zhang Wen. Even if he can force Zhang Wen away, the project team's hearts will be broken, and he probably won't be able to continue to reorganize a team. He has never been suitable to play the role of an initiator or leader.

 "Are you interested in the study of Lama grass?" Yan Chengqi asked.

 "Interesting."

 That's what it means to be interested. In fact, Yan Chengqi had already seen it, and this question was just for reconfirmation.

 "I asked the teacher to let you participate in the research project..." Yan Chengqi said slowly.

 Ji Lin opened his eyes slightly, with a little light in them.

 Seeing Ji Lin's expectant response, Yan Chengqi's eyes brought a smile to his face. He didn't hold back, and gave the answer directly, "The teacher agreed, but I will only give you the treatment of an intern, and let you enter the laboratory as an assistant."

 Being able to work as an assistant in the laboratory of the Academy of Sciences was enough to surprise Ji Lin. You must know that although Yan Chengqi is a student led by Professor Lin, he also plays the role of an assistant most of the time in the laboratory.

 "Thank you." Ji Lin thanked him sincerely.

 "This is my apology... Cough!" Yan Chengqi coughed dryly, and pretended to be serious again, "Although it's an apology, you can't embarrass senior brother, but I told the teacher, my junior brother Ji He is a peerless talent who can shake the world and weep ghosts and gods." Yan Chengqi exaggerated, and Ji Lin also showed a rare smile.

 After the joke was over, Yan Chengqi looked at Ji Lin, and said again, "I want to ask you a question, the rumor that you have a crush on me? Is it true or not?" Ji Lin was taken aback, and then said without hesitation Shaking his head, he said, "I'm not secretly in love with you."

 Yan Chengqi was not surprised, he knew that Ji Lin always looked at him with something different in his eyes, but he could confirm that it was definitely not love. He has always been good at observing words and expressions, and he still has the confidence in this point of vision. He was sure that Ji Lin didn't have a crush on him, so he dared to ask without any scruples now, otherwise he might face embarrassment when he asked.

 "I guess so." Yan Chengqi smiled, "However, I found that you always like to stare at me sometimes, that's how it is in school, can I know why?" 

        "I want to be someone like you " Ji Lin organized his words, turned the coffee cup in front of him, "I want to be like you, know exactly what I want, have a clear goal for everything I do, and be able to maintain a good relationship with everyone." Relationship, even if others don't tell you, you can always guess what others are thinking..."

 The smile in the corner of Yan Chengqi's eyes did not diminish, but his expression faded a little, and his eyes on Ji Lin began to look a little distant.

 Ji Lin longed for him, but he didn't know how tiring it was to be such a person.

 Carrying too many expectations, having to set clear goals, more and more shackles on the body, and gradually losing freedom, I have to wear a mask, cater to others, and work hard to maintain balance. Thinking about it, I feel that life despair. 

        However, ever since his younger brother made trouble at home because of the man he liked, in order to prevent his younger brother from being threatened by being kicked out of the house, he resolutely threw the responsibility of inheriting the family business to his younger brother, and secretly entered the Academy of Sciences behind his parents' backs. The shackles on him were finally gone, at least he could finally breathe.

 Sometimes, Yan Chengqi really wants to be rebellious for a while, like taking a man he likes back like his younger brother, but he doesn't like men.

 Looking at Ji Lin, Yan Chengqi sighed regretfully in his heart. A person like Ji Lin who lives a simple life without any complications is really to his liking, but it's a pity that the gender is wrong.

 "I think it's good that you are like this now, there is no need to look forward to anyone." Yan Chengqi said.

 It is true that Ji Lin no longer has the strong longing for Yan Chengqi that he had when he was a student, but if he has Yan Chengqi's ability to deal with everyone freely, he will not always be at a loss in front of Lei Sende, and he will not be empty-handed. With admiration for Resende, I don't know how to move forward.

 In the coffee shop, Ji Lin and Yan Chengqi chatted one after another. In the night outside the coffee shop, Resende stared at the two through the transparent floor-to-ceiling glass, and his expression became more and more dissatisfied as time went by. Song Yao, who was heading towards the east area with a thermos, was startled by Leisende who was standing in the shadow of the roadside. He let out a strange cry, hugged the thermos in his hand, and jumped several steps back .

 "What are you doing here?" Leisende was startled by Song Yao's strange cry, and looked back at him.

 "It turned out to be you..." Song Yao patted his chest, took two steps towards Leisende, and said, "I'm here to find Ji Lin! My mother has a girlish heart, so let me send it to Ji Lin." For a little snack, I entrusted Lucas to help me get a temporary pass for the institute. What about Ji Lin?" 

      Resende didn't speak, but turned back to look at the coffee shop. Song Yao followed Leisende's line of sight and soon saw Ji Lin and Yan Chengqi sitting opposite Ji Lin.

 "Huh? Isn't that Senior Brother Yan?" Song Yao shouted out in surprise.

 "You know him?" Lei Sende looked back at Song Yao again.

 "I know! That's a senior from our department in college, and Ji Lin's crush." ​​Ji Lin and Leisende have a good relationship, and Song Yao also regards Leisende as one of his own. Just said it out.

 Resende narrowed his eyes, the ice blue pupils shone coldly in the shadows, and there was a danger floating in his eyes. Being stared at by Lei Sende with such eyes, Song Yao only felt chills all over his body, he shrank his neck reflexively, and then he was puzzled, what did he say that made Lei Sende suddenly unhappy.

 "Ji Lin said he doesn't like that Yan Chengqi." Lei Sende repeated to Song Yao what Ji Lin said to him this afternoon.

 "He said that every time, young and handsome brother, you have to understand the shyness of a crush."

 ​​Leisende kept silent with a cold face, and Song Yao felt the pressure drop suddenly.

 This time, Song Yao finally started to think carefully, whether Leisende was upset after hearing what he said. At first, it seemed to say... Ji Lin's crush on Yan Chengqi started? Then Leisende refuted this, and then he refuted Leisende's refutation... Forget it, the latter is not important, the point is that Leisende was unhappy because he knew that Ji Lin had a crush on Yan Chengqi. This appearance, no matter how you look at it, looks like...jealous?

 Song Yao secretly glanced at Leisende, Leisende stared at Ji Lin and frowned. Is this jealous? Song Yao was suspicious. Lucas said that their young commander regards Ji Lin as his son, but this reaction is not quite like it. Even if Leisende doesn't like Yancheng and doesn't see him as the object of his "son", this reaction is a bit too much! 

       He knew that the young marshal liked to take the initiative. If he was jealous, the young marshal would have gone up to declare his sovereignty. Song Yao felt that he might be misled by Lucas, but he didn't have a thorough understanding of Leisende's character, and he couldn't be sure what Leisende thought about Ji Lin.

 Song Yao was still thinking about it, but Lei Sende suddenly walked towards the coffee shop.

 "Wait! Young handsome brother, what are you doing?" Song Yao shouted and chased after him.