75 | burning embers

⌜𝘐𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘯 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘢 𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘴 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦⌟

It was loud.

The cheers were overwhelming to the point they had to be quieted down.

After all, the match was the most anticipated one.

Two prodigious teams. 

It was definitely something to look forward to.

Team Talia and Team Konoha, both looked confident in their abilities. It seemed that they were all ready to win.

Satsuki came forward as the host. A box in her hand and her fingers crossed two sheets of paper before choosing one.

Opening the paper in her hand, she read it before flipping it to show the audience what was written on that sheet of paper.

"Konoha's theme: Teamwork."

When the result was announced, neither of the teams looked nervous, instead, they looked like they had gained even more confidence.

All eight of the ninjas took positions to challenge the opposite and waited.

"Remember the plan?" Sakura asked in confirmation.

Seeing everyone nod, the pinkette kept her eyes on Shikamaru,

And just like expected, Naruto and Sasuke went after Ren and Shiroi while the two geniuses went after herself and the blond beside her.

Kai smirked to himself.

There was a Hyuuga in front of him while his partner and their team leader would definitely be playing mind games with each other.

Those pale lavender eyes were staring at him with such concentration as veins seemed to harden over the surface. Neji was definitely a worthy opponent, one which he would have fun fighting.

With a vision that granted him a 360-degree compass to his surroundings and fists which moved rapidly, Kai grinned feeling the blood rush and excitement pumped into every cell of his body.