Chapter six

Janet .

"Okay class dismissed

"Okay class dismissed." I said letting out a breath. Today wasn't a stressful one, but rather long and I had to leave. I accepted Beyoncé's date proposal and I told Ari and now I never hear the end of it. Speaking of the devil she came strolling into my classroom.

Checking my watch I looked up at her. "Hi ma!" She smiled brightly. "Hi munchkin." I smiled and slid on my glasses. "Why are you here, what class do you have now?" She plopped her backside in one of the chairs near my desk and got on her phone.

"So I'm not speaking to you Ariana?" I said catching her attention. "My fault, I'm here to go home with you." "What do you mean go home with me? Did you not ask to stay the night at Megan's house? And school has not ended for you." I said standing up.

Gathering my things I listened as she rambled on with the excuses until something she said caught my attention. "What?" I said looking at her. "Huh?" "No no don't huh, what did you just say?" I said leaning against my desk.

"Jan-." "Don't even let it come out your mouth." "Mommy I swear it was just a tiny one." "I know I specifically said you can't drink, did I not?" I asked sternly. "Ma, for real you're overreacting I only tasted it." She mumbled.

Taking a deep breath I stopped speaking. "Are you upset with me?" She mumbled out. "Well you didn't come home drunk at any point so I guess I'm not upset just a bit disappointed." "I'm sorry." "Mhm, you're making me think I can't trust you Ariana."

"But you can though, I only tasted it I swear and I came and told you. You know that I don't lie to you." "I guess, anyways start heading to your next class. I'll come and get you when school is over." She looked really sad grabbing her things.

I couldn't even argue about her 'tasting it'. She was a teenager and I understood that, they're going to do what they want regardless so I'm proud of her for coming and telling me. And it shows that she's comfortable enough to talk to me about anything.

"Come here munchkin." Turning around she dragged her body to me. Kissing her head I hugged her. "I love you." "I love you too ma, could you come get me exactly when school ends I hate these people." I nodded. "Call me." "Okay."

••••••

I decided to change some things before this date. It's been a while since I've really pampered myself or been on a date and I get bored easily and start... doing things.

So I was currently at the salon getting my hair done. Well she was actually finishing up. It took some time but it was worth it. "You like that girl?" She asked making me smile. "Yea I like it." I said handing her the money. "Mhm, we like it too." One of the elder ladies said. She comes here regularly.

I laughed and got up brushing off my clothes. "You sure you wanna leave the curls, you don't want it straightened?" Melody asked. I shook my head. "No Mel, maybe later on when I get bored with it." Nodding she hugged me goodbye.