Part 27

RIC'S POV.
Since Kat and I got engaged, we've been doing a bunch of media interviews and appearances. WWE named us the power couple. Most of the interviews were in LA and New York. We took our titles to every televised interview. Kat was usually really shy and quiet. I would hold her hand, while she sat next to me. She didn't really open up much, until we got to Howard Stern. He started by telling a bunch of jokes. Eventually, he asked questions.

HOWARD: "So, did you 2 meet in WWE?"
KAT: "No. We met almost 2 years before I was hired. I wasn't even thinking about being on TV, at the time."
HOWARD: "Why? You're a beautiful girl. First WWE diva to be a playmate."
ME: "Probably one of the few playmates who are all natural."
HOWARD: "I actually never would have guessed."
ME: "People ask me about it, all the time. They all have the same reaction."
HOWARD: "No way those are your real tits!"

Kat laughed. She let go of my hand and put her title on the table.

KAT: "Yeah! When I met Ric, I was at my heaviest weight. I was around 230. I guess when I lost the weight, my boobs stayed."

Kat laughed. That was my first time actually hearing how much she weighed.

HOWARD: "You look great!"
Kat: "I guess that's what happens when you ride space mountain, all night every night."
ME: "Whoo!"

I laughed.
HOWARD: "How did you feel, after finding out Kathie would be in Playboy?"
ME: "I actually was happy for her."
KAT: "He went with me, when I took the pictures. He stood next to the cameraman."
HOWARD: "I'm sure every woman wishes she had that kind of support."
ME: "Not every man is Slick Ric."

Kat ran her fingers through my hair.
HOWARD: "You have the magic touch. You somehow always attract hot women."
KAT: "I wasn't always like that."
HOWARD: "But look at you now! He's obviously doing something right."

Kat laughed.
ME: "I fell in love with her, the day I met her."
HOWARD: "Is the age difference ever a problem?"
KAT: "No one has ever questioned it. I feel like because our personalities are kind of similar, it doesn't even matter."
HOWARD: "I talk to lots of wrestlers who don't want to date in the business. They don't want to see their partner all the time."
KAT: "We're used to being together all the time. We started traveling together, 2 months into our relationship. I feel like everything happened really fast."

After the interview, Kat and I went on the bus. She got a bottle of water. We sat on the couch.

ME: "You did amazing!"
I kissed her cheek.
ME: "You're really starting to get out of your shell."
KAT: "I have you by my side."

Kat put the bottle on the counter. She wrapped her arms around me.

ME: "I'll always be here. I promise."