Part 35

KATHLYN'S POV.
I'm backstage, ready to hand in my story. Ric quickly runs up to me.

RIC: "I wanted to give you this, before you go inside the office."
He hands me a couple papers, kisses my cheek, then walks away, probably to catering. I look at the papers and read them. I almost start crying. Ric wrote an amazing introduction to my book. I wiped my eyes, then went to Vince's office.

VINCE: "Great timing. I just finished finalizing what I need you to do on Raw."

I gave Vince the story. He sat it on the table.

VINCE: "You are going to announce the voting for Playmate of the Year. Winner get a Playboy photo shoot, $100K, a motorcycle, and a car."(*Author's note:* This really was the prize package for Playmate of the Year.)
ME: "I can try, but there's so many beautiful girls against me."

It's a waste of time, if no one will vote for me. We also discussed pictures for my book cover. I decided maybe a picture of me in a black wrestlemania football jersey, from the year I started watching wwe, since I love watching sports. A Ric Flair figure, from that same year, in one hand. The women's title will be in the other hand. A wig that looked like my natural hair color. Really extravagant goth makeup. After the meeting, I went to the bus. I haven't really been feeling like myself lately. I went to the bedroom. I packed my duffel bag with whatever few things could fit. The rest of my stuff was in my suitcase, but I decided to leave it. I called a taxi and left the bus. I took a Greyhound(public travel bus company) to LA.

RIC'S POV.
I went to Evolution's locker room.
ME: "Have you seen Kat?"
BATISTA: "Maybe she's getting catering."

I looked there, then talked to the cosmetology department. I lastly checked the bus. She normally doesn't come back after she's done getting ready for the show. I called the driver, but he said he's been out. He walks around and occupies his self while the bus is parked. Sometimes he walks around backstage. I went to the bus and looked around. I just saw her suitcase filled with clothes. Her sewing stuff was on the table. I called Vince and made up an excuse. I said she was sick. I sat on the bed, until I heard a knock. I left the bedroom and closed the door. I opened the front door and sat on the couch.

PAUL: "Hey, Ric. I'm surprised Kathie isn't with you."

Paul sat at the table. I got up and anxiously paced around. I got a bottle of water, to try to distract myself.

PAUL: "Where's Kathie?"
ME: "I don't know. I called right before looking for her. I think her phone is off. I had to make up an excuse to Vince. I hope she's OK. I hope I didn't do anything wrong."

I felt tears start to fall. Paul hugged me.

PAUL: "I don't think you would. She loves you. She practically worships the ground you walk on. She would never think that. She'll come back."