02 - Stepping into future

The quietness at 3 am seemed deafening yet it was normal. It would be oddinary if he heard his parents this late at night or early in the morning but something didn't seem right.

The house was the same he had been living since he was a child yet it looked older than him. He walked downstairs and the stairs creaked more than normally.

He passed the hallway filled with his family pictures and walked into the kitchen. He needed a glass of water to calm his nerves.

His gut was shouting something was different yet his eyes couldn't distinguish. He gulped the water in one quick breath and again started walking upstairs.

His breath hitched as he came to a stop at the top of the staircase. Again walking downstairs and towards the pictures hanging on the wall his mouth fell open.

There were pictures he had seen before but there were more pictures he didn't remember taking.

Like the one of him holding a college degree in his graduation gown. Weird thing is, he's still in high school then why is there a graduation picture of him?

He scanned again through pictures and stopped on the one of him standing in a white suit, his hands looped around a boy in similar white suit with his parents beside them.

It looks like a..... WEDDING PICTURE?!

His eyes widened like saucers. Why was there a wedding picture?!

Before he could look at the other man beside him a door opened. He flinched and looked at the person walking out of his room. Due to darkness he couldn't see who it was but as soon as the person walked downstairs he staggered backward with his jaw hitting the floor.

" Minho?! "

" Minho? "
They both said at the same time and while the 18 year old Minho looked flabbergasted, the other Minho looked kinda amused.

" Who the hell are you? What are you doing in my house you alien! " He yelled while he tried to back away from the stranger looking at him with surprised eyes.

" Look Minho, no need to be scared. I am you, not an alien. "

" Stop lying! There can't be two Minhos and I'm the real Minho so you're the doppelganger!! " 18 year old Minho shouted and walked backwards, trying to search for a weapon to protect himself if the alien attacks him.

" I'm you Minho but in the future. " The alien said while trying to calm his younger self.

" Shut up. I have watched criminal series! I know it's a trick for you to kill me and take my place. " He said as his hand touched a vase which belonged to his mother. " You want my money don't you! That's why you want to kill me right?! But if you were me in the future you would know that I'm broke so hah you're lying! "

The alien huffed and he chuckled at his own younger self. " You don't believe me? Fine come with me and I'll make you believe. "

" No stay away! That's just your trick to kill me! " Minho huffed as he threatened the man with the expensive vase that his mother would surely shout at him for even touching it but he didn't care, right now his life mattered more.

" You saw the pictures didn't you? " The man said while pointing towards the photo frames on the wall. " Aren't they enough as a proof? "

" Who knows? You may have photoshoped my face on some random graduation picture. " He said with a shrug causing the man to sigh.

The alien then turned around and walked into the living room, switching the TV on.
" You don't believe me but I'm sure you believe the news right? "

Minho narrowed his eyes in suspicion and walked inside, towards the TV which was now turned on a news channel. It was showing the repeat telecast of the earlier day's events but what was weird was the date showing on the TV.

19 June 2026

" 2026?! " He said in confusion and then looked towards the stranger. " I still don't believe you. You may have changed the settings or something. "

The alien gave him a blank look before walking towards the stairs. " Then there is only one thing which will make you believe me. "

He said and gestured Minho to follow him which he did but after he grabbed a wooden spatula as a weapon if the alien decided to strike.

He lead them into Minho's room and opened a drawer, removing a familiar book. " Here read it. "

Minho looked at him with narrowed eyes and sat on the bed with his journal. He skimmed through the first few pages he remembered writing but then as the pages turned the dates progressed.

He didn't remember writing something after 15 June 2016 but now as he turned the pages and reached the most recent page, he read the entry.

18 June 2026

Dear diary,

Tomorrow's the day written on that note. Honestly I'm excited to know what happened when I opened that door. I'm also excited to meet my younger self. I'm sure he would have freaked out as soon as he stepped foot into future but I'll be sure to calm him down so that we could enjoy the day to the fullest.

A day in the future world.

Minho looked up to see his older self leaning on the table waiting for him to finish reading the entry.

" So I'm in the future? " He asked, surprisingly calm.

Older Minho nodded.

" How? "

" Because of that key. " Minho looked at his neck to see the key hanging on the necklace. He knew something was different the moment he stepped through that door but he would have never expected to step into the future.

" So I'll be living here from now on? " He questioned and older Minho shook his head. " You'll leave at the same time tomorrow. "

" Oh. " He said as he let everything process in his mind. He was in the future. Talking to his future self. How? It didn't make any sense. But most importantly why was he here?

—–«◖❁◗»–—
1017

17/Dec/23
Did i mention the update wld be everyday? Yes? Okay.