Suspicion

Wei Wuxian sat in the Library Pavilion with books in hand and a list. He was researching the possibility of time traveling. Even though he had spent countless hours in his previous life trying to figure out a spell that would allow him to do this, it was clear that he was never successful, but it doesn't mean that someone else wasn't.

As far as he knows, there should be no way to time travel, not unless there was some strange divine intervention, but Wei Wuxian doubted that was the case. If it was, then it wouldn't be him that came back with his memories. It would be someone much more capable of handling this than him. This left him with only one explanation-someone figured out a time traveling spell and used it on themselves and on Wei Wuxian. Though, that part still confused him. What is the goal of the person who brought back his memories with him?

The thought of this being a punishment came to mind. Is it possible it was someone who holds a deep grudge against Wei Wuxian?

I wasn't exactly a like-able person when I died.

However, this also didn't make sense. If this person wanted revenge on Wei Wuxian, why warn Nie Minjgue about an impending war with the Wen Clan? Are they trying to quicken the pace the war is meant to take place?

It left Wei Wuxian absolutely puzzled. He didn't know what to make of the idea that someone had intentionally reverted time with his own memories intact, only to use the knowledge of the future as an anonymous warning.

Not to mention, how did they do it? Wei Wuxian tried for months coming up with talismans that would allow him to change the events of the past. He wanted to reverse what happened to Lotus Pier and Jiang Cheng. He wanted to prevent himself from using demonic cultivation. It was all wishful thinking.

But someone managed it, and he wanted to know who.

"Wei Ying, what is this?" Lan Wangji sat in the library with him, seeing as this is where you would normally find the Lan. He was studying while Wei Wuxian completed research for something he had no idea about.

Wei Wuxian looked down at the list Lan Wangji had pointed to. "I wanted to ask people some questions."

"Why?" he asked.

"It's about the letter sent to Zewu-jun. I want to see if I can figure out who sent it."

"Do not get involved," Lan Wangji warned.

Wei Wuxian rolled his eyes. "I think you've known me long enough to know that I will always get involved."

Lan Wangji knew this. He instinctively knew that no matter what, Wei Wuxian liked getting involved in things that either didn't concern him, or could cause him to get hurt.

He sensed Wei Wuxian was annoyed with him. The way he frowned at him and refused to make eye contact told him this. It made Lan Wangji feel odd and guilty for angering the boy in a way he had never done before.

Wei Wuxian was reminded of the times he had been told to return to Gusu with him. He could never forget Lan Wangji's expression and how much Wei Wuxian thought he hated him for what he was doing. The expression on Lan Wangji's face now was similar, and it instantly put him on guard.

"Worried," Lan Wangji said. He wanted to lift the expression off his face. He wanted to make it clear he was only worried about him and he was not reprimanding him.

Wei Wuxian looked up at this. "Worried about what?"

"You getting hurt."

The look Wei Wuxian had previously completely washed away, and his face softened. "Lan Zhan...."

Wei Wuxian felt speechless. He didn't know how to respond to the genuine words Lan Wangji spoke. They were gentle and he could see Lan Wangji's ears turn red.