Understand

I apologize for the late update! I was in a different state for a week for a competition and didn't have much time to write. This chapter is especially long for you all! I hope you enjoy!

_________________________________

Wei Wuxian approached the beast slowly. He prepared his talismans. The others lie in wait for his signal. Nie Huaisang and Jiang Wanyin leading the group.

Lan Wangji stood a few feet behind Wei Wuxian, his sword in hand.

Wei Wuxian eyed the beast. It had calmed down slightly, but still lurked in the waters, waiting for movement.

Wei Wuxian tossed a torch against the wall of the cave, the opposite side of the underwater exit. The beast reeled its head in that direction and blew out furious streams of air that instantly extinguished the torch flames. Wei Wuxian signaled with his hand for the others to go. As they moved towards the exit and began entering the water, Wei Wuxian used one of his talismans and slapped it on the ground in front of him. A large fire surged from the talisman. Wei Wuxian could feel the immense heat and pinched his eyes slightly.

The group moved quickly while the beast was distracted by the flames. It continued to blow out large surges of air and even snarled at the flame, realizing it burned as it got too close.

In groups, they all ducked underwater easily escaping through the tunnel that Wei Wuxian was aware of. As everyone disappeared underneath the water, Jiang Wanyin popped his head back out of the water. "Wei Wuxian! They're out!" he called.

"Good! Meet up with them and escape down the hill. There will be others waiting for you!" Wei Wuxian continued to keep the fire talisman blazing high, stopping the beast from swimming towards the ruckus at the other end of the cave. He used his spiritual energy to keep it fueled, sweat rushed down his forehead.

Jiang Wanyin narrowed his eyes and sneered. "What are you talking about?! Why aren't you coming? Who's waiting?"

"Don't ask questions and go! I'll explain later, but the Wens aren't going to wait around much longer and let everyone escape!"

Jiang Wanyin gritted his teeth. "What the hell are you on?"

"Jiang Cheng! Does it look like I can explain? Just trust me!"

He only continued to grimace. He prepared to continue spitting questions at Wei Wuxian, but bubbles of air popped up beside him. "What the-"

With a deep breath of air, a figure rose from under the water. The person coughed for a moment before staring daggers at Jiang Wanyin. "Why are you still in here? You heard Wei-xiong! We have to go!"

"Nie Huaisang, what are you doing back here?!"

Nie Huaisang gripped Jiang Wanyin's shoulder. "You were taking too long. We need to go before the Wens come."

Jiang Wanyin's eyes narrowed.

That's exactly what Wei Wuxian said.

Jiang Wanyin continued to stare at Nie Huaisang momentarily.

Finally, with a grunt, Jiang Wanyin agreed. "You better make it out alive! You hear me!" he yelled at Wei Wuxian.

Wei Wuxian could only smile. "Do you doubt me?"

Jiang Wanyin rolled his eyes before darting under the water. Nie Huaisang nodded at Wei Wuxian before following Jiang Wanyin under the water and through the tunnel.

"Lan Zhan," Wei Wuxian called.

"Mn."

Wei Wuxian looked behind him to find Lan Wangji had stepped closer.