Obedience

Wei Wuxian reconnected with Jiang Wanyin. The Jiang Sect was the first to enter, followed by the Nie and then the Lan Sect, all keeping a decent distance from each other to ensure no suspicion. Wei Wuxian used the core protection talisman on Jiang Wanyin and the rest of the Jiang Disciples that came. However, Wei Wuxian chose to activate them discreetly, not wanting to cause any kind of commotion.

Luckily, the Nie and Lan sects had prepared. None had come with their actual weapons. Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren tried to warn the others as subtly as possible, but it was never confirmed whether or not the other two sects heeded the warning, especially considering everything. 

Wei Wuxian had to fight the urge that overcame him as soon as he watched the Lan Sect enter the education office. All he wanted to do was rush to Lan Wangji's side and never leave it again. However, he contained himself, kept his head high and facing forward.

Jiang Wanyin narrowed his eyes at the serious expression Wei Wuxian wore, unsettled by it. He even noted how strangely pale Wei Wuxian became suddenly. He was fine when he first saw him, but something seemed off suddenly.

A loud voice echoed around them, barking out orders for the disciples to get into a proper formation. At the top of a tall platform, Wen Chao smirked maliciously as he gazed down at all the disciples.

"Quiet, all of you!" he shouted.

The youngest son of the Wen Clan leader flaunted himself while standing in between two figures, one being Wen Chao's mistress. A young woman with a graceful figure and lips a bright red that were set on a frown. On his other side stood a slightly older looking man, looking perhaps uninterested of Wen Chao's constant yelling.

Wen Chao stood high. "You will turn in your swords!" 

Disciples from each corner erupted in uproar, though the few people who knew what would happen merely kept up appearances. 

"A sword never leaves a cultivator's side! Why must we surrender ours!" someone protested.

Wei Wuxian felt like smacking his own forehead. 

Did these people forget who they're in the presence of? That's right! A man that can literally melt their core!

"Who said that?" Wen Chao demanded.

Quiet returned to the disciples. No one spoke up and no one admitted to speaking out.

"This is why all of you are here. None of you know the proper etiquette and subordination! You are all flawed, and I must educate you. If I don't then you will vainly challenge authority and try to go over our heads!" he barked.

No one responded, though many felt angered by the accusations. Knowing they couldn't stand against the Wen Clan is all that kept them from pulling out their swords and slicing his disrespectful throat open. 

Jiang Wanyin gripped onto Wei Wuxian's forearm out of reflex.

"Why are you grabbing me?" he asked with a frown and attempted to pull free.

"To stop you from doing something stupid."

Wei Wuxian rolled his eyes. "I'm not dumb enough to cause a problem here."

"I wouldn't put it past you, besides, see that man beside Wen Chao?" he asked.

Wei Wuxian shook his head. Of course he knew who that was, how could he possibly forget? However, he wasn't about to tell Jiang Wanyin that.

"That's Wen Zhuliu. He's Wen Chao's personal attendant and can easily melt your core. He would help aid those evildoers. In the past-"

A Wen Clan servant slowly approached the two, already circling the disciples and collecting their swords. He kept his eyes focused on the Jin individual in front of him, ensuring he handed over his sword promptly.