Twenty One

"No, you weren't dreaming." Ryan laughed.

"I wasn't?"

"Well, the kiss part was a dream-"

"Only because you interrupted what was going to be the real kiss."

"Sorry about that again." He winced

"I'll forgive you when I get that kiss."

"Understood. But the piano thing wasn't a dream. Pete has nightmares during thunderstorms."

"So playing the piano makes them go away." Patrick asked. "So he can sleep easier?"

"No, Patrick. Pete doesn't sleep on nights with thunderstorms."

"What do you mean he doesn't sleep?"

"He just doesn't."

"He doesn't get tired?"

"I don't know how it works. But I do know playing the piano soothes him. It keeps him from getting moody from the lack of sleep."

"I-uh-"

"It's different, I know." Ryan fixed Patrick's bowtie and stepped back to admire his work.

Patrick glanced at himself in the mirror. Not too bad. He could do without the white pants. But at least he wasn't wearing a clown suit. His plaid shirt was red and blue with a few white lines here and there. The blazer was an even darker shade of blue. And the bowtie was white.

"I like it." He looked down to examine the shoes that he was almost positive cost more than everthing else.

"Good." He smiled proudly. "And I'm going with you to the shoot. In case you were planning on changing again."

"I wasn't. Well, maybe just add my hat-"

"No!"

"At least my glasses! Those contacts are killer."

"Fine. Wear the stupid glasses. I'm going to finish getting ready."

"You're already dressed." Patrick said, pointing to the pink suit Ryan was wearing.

"A real man isn't ready until his wrist is sparkling." He flashed a smile before walking out of Patrick's room.

Holy smokes! They were actually going to be on the cover of OUT magazine. And they were doing another interview. At least this one wouldn't be on TV. He didn't have to worry about making weird faces or his nervous hand movements.

It felt wrong though. They were going to be on the cover of the biggest LGBT magazine in the world. And Pete wasn't even an actual part of the community. There was some other real gay couple out there who deserved this more than they did. Every gay couple deserved this more than they did. But he was Pete fucking Wentz. One of America's most successful business men. Of course OUT would want an issue on him.

"Sir?"

Patrick turned away from the mirror and saw one of the maids standing in his doorway.

"Call me Patrick."

"Patrick, sir, your friend Brendon is here."

"Send him up."

"I am up, bitch!"

Brendon came walking in the room. A pair of red jeans folded to the middle of his calves. And a white shirt that was a little too big for him. He was even wearing the red hat Ryan paid four hundred dollars for.

"I asked you to wait in the lobby."

"And I said no." He smiled down at the woman.

She mumbled something under her breath and left the room.

"You look good!" Patrick hugged him.

"I know. You see the shoes?" Patrick glanced down at Brendon's feet. They were just a pair of white sneakers but Brendon seemed really happy about them.

"They're awesome."

"I know. Now you! You look like a movie star."

"Shut up."

"You do, man! How long did it take you to pick that one out?"

"Ryan did."

"Or course. Where is that little creep?"

"In his room, getting ready. Why? You want to see him?"

"Let's not make jokes." Brendon frowned. "Where's Pete?"

"In his room."

"You guys don't share a room?"

Shit. "I uh, well-"

"We do." They both turned at the sound of Pete's voice. "But when we have arguments, this little stubborn man likes to sleep alone."

"Patrick's stubborn?"

He walked fully into the room and stood behind Patrick. Wrapping his arms around the smaller man's waist. Patrick could feel himself getting light headed from the contact. Pete snuggled his face into his neck and Patrick almost whimpered.

"But I don't want to fight with you anymore." Pete whispered into his skin. And Patrick was pretty sure he could die happy now.

"I, uh. Okay." Was all he could manage to respond.

"Do you forgive me?" Pete asked. Tightening his arms.

"Yes." He breathed out.

"Good." He let him go. Patrick wanted to cry. He moved from behind him to beside him and held his hand out to Brendon. "I don't think we've been introduced yet. I'm Pete."

"I know who you are." Brendon shook his hand. "I'm Brendon. Patrick's best friend." His eyes narrowed. "And protector."

"It's nice to meet you. Will you be joining us at the shoot?"

"What shoot?"

"We're doing a shoot for OUT magazine." Pete glanced at the man beside him. "Patrick didn't tell you?"

"No, Patrick didn't tell me. Patrick hasn't been telling me a lot of things lately." His voice was accusing.

"I-uh. I was going to. T-That's why I invited you over." Patrick stammered. Still bothered by Pete's touch.

"Well, I'd love to come!" Brendon smiled then.

"Great. We'd love to have you." Pete smiled too.

"Now I'm done!" Ryan stopped when he saw saw the trio staring at him as he walked up. Patrick noticed the golden watch with the diamond face on Ryan's wrist.

"So, that's what you meant by-"

"You look good, doll." Ryan smirked at Brendon. "Nice shoes."

"Thanks. Some idiot brought them for me."