Twenty Three

Pete was freaking the fuck out! He'd just kissed a guy. A fucking guy. Well, yeah, he'd wanted to do it for a few days now. But that was just wanting to do it. Doing it was a completely different story.

Doing it was weirder than he expected. And surprisingly softer than he expected. Why the hell were Patrick's lips so soft? It was messing with his head. Kissing a guy was supposed to be rough and uncomfortable. It wasn't supposed to be like kissing a girl. Or... Better than kissing a girl.

"That's a wrap!" Yellow scarf, the photographer, yelled.

Pete nodded and walked away from the lights and fans. Over to the snack table again. Now he needed something to drink. He looked over the table. Water. Soda. Orange juice. And what the fuck was charcoal lemonade? Where the hell is the champagne guy when you need him?

"Hey, guy." Someone whispered in his ear before slapping his ass.

Pete spun around as quickly as he could. His heart in his stomach. He placed his hand over his chest and sighed.

"Shit, Ryan! Don't fucking do that!"

Ryan laughed. "Calm down. Have you had your morning coffee?"

"Its," He glanced at his watch. "After five in the afternoon."

"What about your morning c-"

"Don't fucking say it."

"Are you having a melt down?"

"No. Yes. I don't know. Maybe?"

"How was it?" He asked lower.

"His lips are surprisingly soft?"

"That's funny. Because he said that about your lips when-"

"What a boring ass kiss." Brendon walked up, slapping Pete on the back familiarly.

Pete stiffened. Ryan noticed. Pete didn't like to be touched. Especially not people who he barely knew. Brendon saw Pete's annoyed look and took a step away from him. Patrick walked up to stand near Pete.

"Our kiss would be way better than that." Ryan walked on the other side of Pete to stand behind Brendon.

"Back up a few feet or you'll get a few feet up your back." Brendon looked over his shoulder at him.

"What does that even mean?" Ryan laughed.

Brendon did a 180. "Come closer and find out."

Ryan smiled. Staring down at the man who was smiling devilishly back at him. But he stepped back. Brendon's smile disappeared as he turned back to the table.

"I-I'm going to go to the bathroom." Patrick said to no one in particular.

"Pete and Patrick, we need you over here for the short interview." A woman yelled to them.

They shared a look before walking over to the chairs waiting for them. This woman wasn't plastic like the woman from the first interview. She had short dark hair and a crew neck T-shirt on. Both men sat down at the same time.

"Okay. The first question is totally generic and basic. But, how did you guys meet?"

Patrick glanced at Pete for an answer. She was right, it was a basic question. But they hadn't discussed the basic lie they'd tell for it.

"My best friend and head of my marketing team, Ryan Ross, introduced us."

"First impressions?" She looked at Patrick first for this one.

"I thought he was an asshole." He answered truthfully.

"And I thought, 'who is this sixteen year old nerd?' But it turns out only half of that was true."

"Definitely not sixteen, huh?" She smiled.

"No. Definitely not smart enough to be a nerd." Pete corrected.

"Wow! A statutory rape joke so early on in the interview?" Patrick asked, laughing.

"I-uh." The interviewer was clearly uncomfortable.

"He looks eighteen between you and I, right?" Pete winked.

Patrick laughed harder. He could slowly feel his uneasiness from the abrupt kiss slipping away.

"You're an asshole, you're making her uncomfortable." He giggled.

She looked down at her notes. "S-So it wasn't love at first site then?"

"Oh hell no." Patrick shook his head to emphasize his point. "Nope. Nada. Uh uh. Nah."

"But it's love now." She said matter-o- factly. Her smile returning.

"Um, what?" Patrick giggled again.

"Excuse him." Pete put his arm around Patrick and squeezed a little harder than necessary. "He's had a little of the champagne."

"That's fine. I only have one more question anyway. And then you guys can head out"

"Ask away."

"Top or bottom?"