Twenty Two

These light were way too bright. Patrick was sure he would be sweating if it weren't for the gigantic fans blowing in their direction. He was glad he listened to Ryan and didn't wear a hat. Now he just had to had to worry about his glasses blowing off.

"Back to back now!" The man with the yellow scarf yelled to them.

Patrick and Pete turned their backs to each other. Pete was taller by a few inches and Patrick liked that. He could feel the muscles of his back pushing into his.

"That could be us." Ryan whispered to Brendon.

They were sitting beside each other in Patrick and Pete's chairs behind the camera. Brendon looked over to Ryan and rolled his eyes as hard as he could. He dug into the bag of chips he was eating and stuffed a few in his mouth.

"I'll call you when I'm desperate enough."

"Desperate? I'm rich and good looking. I'm not the desperate man's choice." Ryan snatched the bag from him.

"Well you're not my choice either." He snatched the bag back. Turning to watch his friend again.

Pete was standing behind Patrick now. His arms wrapped around him like they'd been in the room. Except this time there were a dozen people in the room watching them. Patrick couldn't weaken like he did before. So he held his breath and tried not to think about Pete behind him.

"Pete, glance down at Patrick. And Patrick could you look up at Pete. Stare into each other's eyes."

They did as they were told. Pete's burning gaze staring into Patrick. He could feel himself getting hot all over. The damn fans weren't helping. Pete didn't seem bothered at all.

"I need a glass of water!" He pulled away from Pete's hold and put his hand over his eyes.

"Ten minute break!" The yellow scarf man yelled.

Everyone got up from their seats and began rummaging around the set. Patrick walked over to the snack table. He picked up a bottle of the chilled water.

"Are you alright?" Pete walked up beside him. Grabbing a cookie.

"I- yeah. I'm fine."

"Are you su-"

"Pat, you okay man?" Brendon jogged over.

"I'm great. Just thirsty."

"Are you sure?"

He looked over Brendon's shoulder and noticed a man with a tray of four champagne glasses walking over to where the yellow scarf man was. That's the kind of drink he needed.

"Excuse me." He touched Brendon's arm as he walked off. He could feel both their eyes on him as he stopped the man with the tray. "Can I get one of those?"

"Of course, sir." He held the tray out to him.

"Thank you."

Patrick lifted a glass and finished it off in seconds. He sat it back on the tray and lifted up another. Drinking that one just as fast. He lifted up the third and took a small sip. Smiling at the man as he turned away.

"Why not just take the last one too?" The man muttered sarcastically.

"You're right" Patrick smiled sourly.

Taking the final glass too. He walked back over to where Pete and Brendon were standing. Pete pursed his lips disapprovingly.

"Are you really going to drink both of those?" Brendon asked.

"Why? Did you want one?"

"No. But-"

"Then yes. I'm going to drink both." He lifted the glass to his lips and tilted it up.

"I'll take this one."

Pete took the other glass from his hands. He wasn't really in the mood to drink. He wasn't even supposed to drink. But he didn't want Patrick to get drunk again.

Ten minutes and four glasses for Patrick later, they were called back to finish the shoot. Patrick had the champagne giggles again. And the photographer loved it.

"That right, Patrick. Give me cute. Give me happy!" He yelled.

"What a fucking weirdo."

Patrick whispered to Pete. Giggling at his childish insult. Pete laughed. Patrick's face took on a look of awe as he stared at Pete laughing so freely.

"What?" Pete asked.

"You're laughing."

"You've seen me laugh before."

"But this laugh is different."

"Yeah?" Pete smiles at the intoxicated man. "How so?"

"Less of the chit chat!" The man yelled at them. "More of the sexy!"

"I'll show you sexy!" Patrick called to yellow scarf.

He grabbed the Pete's tie out of the suit jacket and pulled it towards himself. Bringing Pete's face down to his. Pete smiled darkly. Two could play that game.

He softly touched Patrick's face. Sliding his palm forward until his hand was on the back of his head. Pete closed his hand into a fist and tugged it back gently. Patrick's bottom lip disappeared between his teeth.

"Now that is sexy! How about a kiss?"

Pete's hand loosened. Patrick turned wide eyed to stare blankly at the photographer. They couldn't have their first kiss in a room full of people they didn't know. Could they?

No.

Especially not when it was going to be Pete's first kiss with another man. That was special. Patrick was positive Pete wouldn't feel comfortable with a bunch of people witnessing that. They needed to wait until they were alone and-

Pete grabbed Patrick's chin between his fingers and turned his face back to his.

"Hesitation calls for speculation."

He whispered before slamming his lips onto Patrick's.