Thirty Six

Pete stood in front of the large mirror. He'd been standing there for a while. He was just waiting for Ryan to come in again and tell him it was time to go.

The door swung open so hard that it hit the wall behind it. Pete spun around quickly. And there stood Patrick. He re-closed the door.

His hair was sticking up in weird directions. Like he was in the middle of styling it. He was wearing a pair of sweat pants and black T-shirt. So he wasn't even ready for his own art showing? Great. They were definitely going to be late.

"Why didn't you just fucking talk to me about it?" He huffed.

"Excuse you?"

"You told me you liked me. And now all of a sudden you hate being around me?"

He exhaled loudly. "I don't want to talk about this."

"Well I do." Patrick stalked towards him. He pressed his finger into his chest. "Are you acting this way because of what I said to Andy on the phone?"

Pete's eyes narrowed. "Its none of my business what you said to your boyfriend-"

"Ex boyfriend." Patrick poked him in the chest with each word. "You're my boyfriend now."

"That's not real." Pete's voice was lower. "None of this is real. You're getting paid to do this. I'm not actually your boyfriend."

"But I actually like you, you fucking idiot."

"What?"

"I like you, Pete. Just like you said you liked me. You heard what I said to Andy out of context. I'm done with him."

"It doesn't matter. This still isn't real-"

"It does matter." Patrick used both hands to grab Pete's face. Forcing the man to look at him.

Pete didn't even try to pull away. He just stared into Patrick's eyes. They were blue. With a little yellow ring around the pupil that made them appear green from a far. Pete had never looked so closely at someone's eyes.

"Why?" Pete whispered the word.

"Because I don't want Andy. " Patrick pulled Pete's face closer. So close that he could feel him breathing against him. "I want you."

Pete's lips curved up. His eye brows pulled down. Patrick wanted him. The same way he wanted Patrick. The thought made him feel warm inside. Like a middle school kid with a crush. Pete didn't know if he liked feeling that way. He was a grown man with confidence and power. Not some kid that was still wet behind the ears.

Patrick waited long enough for Pete to kiss him. He wasn't usually the type to take lead but Pete left him no choice. He leaned in the final few inches necessary to press his lips on his.

Pete let Patrick lead for a few seconds. And only a few seconds, before he reached up and pulled Patrick's hands away from his face. He rested his hands on Patrick's hips. Pushing his body closer to his.

He began walking backwards. Pulling Patrick with him. Stopping when he felt the bed hit the back of his legs. He let himself fall backwards onto the large mattress. Patrick fell on top of him. Their mouths never breaking contact.

Pete let his hands travel lower. Until he was cupping Patrick's ass. He flipped them so he was on top. In charge. His hands slid up even more. Slipping them under the hem of Patrick's shirt. The smaller man shivered from his touch.

This was different. Pete wasn't sure what to do next. Of course he'd done this before. More times than most people probably did. But he did it with women. This was new. Like his first time all over again.

Patrick sensed Pete's hesitation. He was hot all over and he didn't remember the last breath he took. He wanted Pete. And he wanted him. Now.

He flipped them over again. This time Patrick was staying on top. Pete needed him to. Patrick was more experienced with his. For the first time in his life, Patrick was going to be the dominant one.

He pulled his mouth away from Pete's. Finally letting his body take in the oxygen it was begging to. Pete was panting beneath him. His cheat rising and falling in unsteady patterns. He adjusted himself. Placing one knee on either side of Pete's waist.

Slowly and probably a little awkwardly, Patrick tugged the hem of his shirt up. Pulling it over his head.
Pete's eyes burned into his flat chest.

He'd never paid attention to another man's chest before. How was a flat chest becoming such a turn on? He reached up to press his palms against it. Patrick's skin was always so smooth and warm. And so damn soft.

Patrick pulled his bottom lip between his teeth. His nerves were getting the best of him. What if Pete didn't like his body? Being with Andy so long was easy. Because it was familiar. Pete was new. Pete was scary.

But all Patrick's negative thoughts washed away when Pete lifted up and kissed his chest. He took a deep breath. This was happening.

"Pete, Pat?" The door swung open again. Ryan froze in the doorway. "Holy shit. I- um. Holy shit."

Patrick flushed red. He scrambled off of Pete's lap. Not bothering to pick his shirt up. And he rushed out of the room. Avoiding Ryan's gaze.

Ryan stood there staring at Pete.

"So," Pete sat up on the bed. Fixing his tie. "I'm gay."

"Just like that?" Ryan smirked. The humor clear in his voice.

"Just like that."