2. the curse of a son.

Vinata was sad as well as furious. Sad because she thought her sons would make her wait and wait, and never come to her. Furious because Kadru just insulted her unborn infants by claiming her swami's boon to be unworthy, only for her.She did not notice the eldest naga, Sesha, slither toward her and touch her feet, with his heads. Tears fell from her eyes, without her knowledge.Sesha was observing his mother carefully. No sooner did he see the tears in Vinata's eyes, he left his naga form and turned into a half naga half-man form."Ma," Sesha called gently. Vinata was startled out of her thoughts. She looked up and everywhere, thinking her eggs had hatched and given out her sons. "Mata Vinata," Sesha called again. Vinata looked hither and thither again and found none. "Mata, you look up, behind you, downward, sideways, but not in front of you. Why, Mata?" Sesha asked innocently. Vinata looked straight ahead and found Sesha in his human form, smiling at her. "Sesha, you are mistaken, child." Vinata said. Kadru's naga sons addressed her by her name, and the eldest, who now stood in front of her, never talked to her; he was keen on observing her. "No, Vinata Ma. I am not mistaken. If Kadru Mata is my own mother, who had asked for our birth to Pitashri Kashyapa, his wives would automatically turn out as other mothers of me and my brothers. They'd follow Mata Kadru's orders blindly, but I won't because I have some amsha of righteousness in me." Sesha said firmly.Vinata had a smile on her face now. "If I were like your own mother, child, why, then did you not talk to me?" Vinata's question brought a smile to the naga's face. "Mata, because I was observing you. I was learning from you."Vinata's heart melted. "So what if you don't yet have a son, Mata Vinata? I shall be, forever, like your own son. I promise you, when my cousins are born, if nothing, I shall take care of them." Sesha said, and a happy smile bloomed on Vinata's face as she forgot her fury and worries and hugged Sesha.After she had completed her works of that day, Vinata went to her chambers. She sat there, watching her two eggs. Suddenly, she remembered her sister's words. She was desperate, impatient, furious. A hundred emotions passed through her mind as she tapped one of the eggs a little hard on its top, to break it a little and to peep inside and see what was happening. She forgot Rishi Kashyapa's words. She now doubted him and his boon. But to Vinata's horror, the egg broke into half. Inside the egg, sat a half-developed form of a child. His upper part was developed completely, but his lower part was still a lump of flesh. The child, upon seeing his mother, became furious."Mother, if you had waited for a little while more, you could have seen me fully developed and out of the egg. You destroyed me, you destroyed my life. So, I curse you to be a slave to your own kin, one day."The child was none other than Aruna, the charioteer of Surya. Vinata stood there, frozen in shock."I did not do it on purpose, my son." She broke down finally."I just don't curse me, dear one. I am a great sinner, I know that. But –" Vinata rambled on and on as the child's heart broke seeing his mother in such a state."Ma, I can't reverse my curse. Wait until my brother is born out of the second egg. I must leave now. My brother will save you from my curse of you being a slave to your own kin. He shall liberate you from the curse I just delivered, Mata. Please, stay patient."Aruna said and flew off, directly to the world of Surya, the sun god.

Oh no, Aruna's cursed his mother. Will Vinata become a slave of her own kin? Who will that kin of hers be? How would that happen? Will Vinata's second son be her savior? Let's see in the next chapter. Happy reading.Vinata was sad as well as furious. Sad because she thought her sons would make her waight and waight, and never come to her. Furious because kadru just insulted her unborn infants by claiming her swami's boon to be Unworthy , only for her.

She did not notice the eldest naga, sesha, slither toward her and touch her feat, with his heads. Tears fell from her eyes, without her knowledge.

Sesha was observing his mother carefully. No sooner did he see the tears in vinata's eyes, he left his naga form and turned into a half naga half man form.

"Ma", sesha called jently. Vinata was startilled out of her thoughts. She looked up and everywhere, thinking her eggs had hatched and gave out her sons. "mata vinata, " sesha called again. Vinata looked hither and thither again and found none. "mata, you look up , behind you, downword, sideways, but not in front of you,, why mata?" sesha asked innocently. Vinata looked straight ahead and found sesha in his human form, smiling at her. "sesha, you are mistaken, child". Vinata said. Kadru's naga sons addressed her by her name, and the eldest , who now stood in front of her, never talked to her, he was keen on observing her. " no, vinata ma. I am not mistaken". "if kadru mata is my own mother, who had asked for our birth to pitashri kashyapa, his wives would automatically turn out as other mothers of me and my brothers. They'd follow mata kadru's orders blindly, but I wont, because I have some amsha of righteousness in me. ". Sesha said firmly.

Vinta had a smile on her face now. "if I were like your own mother, child, why , then did you not talk to me?". Vinata's question brought a smile on the naga's face. "mata, because I was observing you. I was learning from you".

Vinata's heart melted . "so what if you don't yet have a son, mata vinata? I shall be, for ever, like your own son. I promice you, when my cousins are born, if nothing , I shall take care of them ". Sesha said and a happy smile bloomed on vinata's face as she forgot her fury and worries and hugged sesha.

--

---

After she had completed her works of that day, vinata went to her chaimbers. She sat there, watching her 2 eggs. Suddenly, she remembered her sister's words. She was desperate, impatient, furious. A hundred emotions passed through her mind as she tapped one of the eggs a little hard on its top, to brake it a little and to peep inside and see what was happening. She forgot rishi kashyapa's words. She now doubted him and his boon. But to vinata's horrar, the egg broke into half. Inside the egg, sat a half developed form of a child. His upper part was developed completely, but his lower part was still a lump of flesh. The child, upon seeing his mother, became furious.

"Mother, if you had weighted for a little while more, you could have seen me fully developed and out of the egg. You distroied me, you distroied my life. So, I curse you to be a slave to your own kin, one day".

The child was none other than aruna, the charioteer of surya. Vinata stood there, frozen in shock.

i- Di-d-did not d-do it in Purpose, my son." She broke down finally.

i-i- just ... don't curse me, dear one. I am a grate sinner, I know that. But –" vinata rambled on and on as the child's heart broke seeing his mother in such a state.

"ma, I can't reverse my curse. Waight until my brother is born out of the second egg. I must leave now, . my brother will save you from my curse of you being a slave to your own kin. He shall liberate you from the curse I just delivered, mata. Please, stay patient.".

Aruna said and flew of, directly to the world of surya, the sun god.

-

-

-

oh know.aruna's cursed his mother. will vinata become  a slave of her own kin? who will that kin of her be?

how would that happen?

will vinata's second son be her saviour?

lets see in the next chapter.

happy reading.