Chapter 3: Albus

Scorpius's clothes are warm and it surrounds me in a tight embrace. I touch its fine fabric and smell a warm fragrance of Christmas. 

"Well-er-I'm going to bed now." I mutter and slide into my bed. Scorpius mumbles a good night and I hear the click of the lights. Darkness pulls me and my mind into a deep sleep...

I hear footsteps coming from the attic. Is it the attic though? Is this an house? I have no bloody idea where I am. What I am. Who I am and why I am here. All I can see is darkness and the faint outlines of antique furniture turned over and destroyed. Then I hear this shuddering gasp. I hear a merciless chuckle and the sound of chains dragging across wooden planks.

"Crucio!" A  deep and gravely voice screams. It's the voice of a man. A grown man. Then a scream echoes. I shudder. I wince. I double over with this sharp pain in my head and abdomen. The scream rings in my head. Blood rushes in my ears and I picture Scorpius under the cruciatus curse, screaming and writhing on the ground with his eyes rolled back into his head. I breathe rugged breaths and try to drag myself away. 

"Crucio!" 

A scream.

"Sectumsempra!" 

I hear a deafening groan and right in front of me, visible to my eyes even in the darkness I see blood dripping down from the ceiling. The blood of a stranger trickles down my scalp and onto my hands, and it's warmth feels too hot it seems to burn through my skin. I gasp and tumble over. I retch in terror and disgust. 

"Silly mudblood. You deserve this. Your whole BRED deserves this." The same voice says this with clenched teeth. "Avado crucidavra!" 

I'm awake with cold sweat pouring down my face. I'm shaking and I think I cried a little. I jump up and walk over to Scorpius's bed. He is turned over to one side, curled in a ball with his blanket pulled up to his nose. I snuggle in right next to me and try to ease my breathing by putting my back next to his. Feeling his warmth and his scent. I immediately feel my eyelids dropping again. 

This time I have to fall asleep by trying not to put my arms around the slender figure of Scorpius Malfoy the unanxious but also the most important person in my life.