Ch 5 - Room 2357

** Jordyn's POV **

"What the fuck?!" Luke exclaimed loudly, scurrying to his feet. He was laughing when he said it, so I knew he wasn't mad, just taken by surprise. But his sudden loud outburst attracted the attention of everyone else in the room, which meant that they were also looking at me. Talk about uncomfortable. Thankfully, when everyone realized what had happened, they lost interest and went back to their own conversations.

The unnamed drunk girl was apologizing profusely, and Calum was laughing so hard that no sound was coming out, and his eyes were all crinkly. The other girl stood there like she still hadn't processed what was going on. She was obviously completely wasted.

Luke finally convinced the poor clumsy girl that it wasn't a big deal, and I told her the same when she realized that my shirt was wet, too. I didn't let my annoyance show, but I was pissed because now I was going to have to sit around in a wet shirt for the rest of the night, or however long I was going to be there.

Calum finally left with his playmates, leaving Luke and me to stare at each other as we shared another good laugh. It really wasn't that funny, but we were a little tipsy. Okay, maybe a lot tipsy.

When we finally recovered, Luke put his arm around my shoulders. "Come on. We need some dry clothes." Then he started guiding me to the door. Sure, I wasn't going to argue with that.

I suddenly remembered Jodie and thought I better tell her I'd be right back. But when I stopped to look around for her, she was nowhere to be found. Luke realized what I was doing and said, "I saw her leave with Ashton a few minutes ago. My guess is that they'll be busy for a while." He topped off his statement with a wink. Never mind, then.

It was way after midnight so the hotel lobby and halls were rather quiet, except for us snickering now and then over nothing while we waited in the elevator. The cool air mixed with the wet shirt gave me a chill and I shivered. I wrapped my arms around myself in an attempt to warm up.

Luke chuckled at me, and without warning, he pulled me to him and rubbed my arms briskly. "Cold?"

I managed to look up at him and nod, but I knew better than try to speak. The sudden proximity of our bodies had me too afraid to even breathe. Yet, I was okay with it, and felt the need to be even closer.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, the elevator pinged, alerting us that it had arrived. When we stepped inside and the doors closed, it suddenly hit me that I was going to Luke Hemmings's room. Oh. My. God. Surely he didn't have an ulterior motive. Did he? Nah, surely not. I mean Luke - famous vocalist/guitarist for 5 Seconds Of Summer - would never want to be with me like that. Which was too bad, because I'd totally be down.

We had to go up to the 23rd floor, and it seemed to take an eternity, especially since neither of us were speaking. In the elevator, I was standing slightly behind and to the left of Luke, purposely placing plenty of distance between us because I felt so awkward. But that didn't keep me from noticing him biting his lip ring the entire time. Dear lord.

I found myself wondering what the ring would feel like on my lips if he kissed me. But that fantasy was quickly interrupted by my more sensible side. Get your shit in check, Jordyn. You don't have a chance in Hell with him. It had to be the alcohol that was allowing me to even entertain the thought in the first place.

I think my mind wandered into taboo territory because I was comfortable with Luke, which was really odd for me. Aside from my best friend, Jonathan, I had never been able to talk to a guy so easily. From the minute he sat down beside me, he had treated me like we were already friends, and that's something that I wasn't used to. Normally, guys were sleezeballs who only wanted one thing right from the get go, or they turned their noses up at me. There was really no in between.