Ch 3 - Hard To Get

** Luke's POV **

Damn. I hated being the last to show up, which was more often than not. I'd usually get stuck with the least attractive chick. But whatever. They were all the same anyway. And at least I always got laid. Entering the room, I took a quick look around, assessing the situation. Mike, Ash, and Cal were all immersed in conversation with their picks of the night. And it looked like the crew had taken the leftovers. Shit. Cal has two, maybe he'll give up one of them.

I took a couple of steps in Calum's direction, and saw something out of the corner of my eye. It was a girl, sitting alone on the floor. The fuck?

I stopped and took a look at her. She appeared disinterested in being there, with her knees pulled to her chest, staring at her phone. She looked like she wished she could disappear, actually. But she was beautiful. Mind you, I don't use the term "beautiful" often. Hot, fit, cute... I see girls like that every night. But beautiful girls aren't as plentiful. And when she caught me staring, I felt heat rise to my face. What the fuck was that about? I don't blush. But this girl was so physically perfect it was kind of intimidating.

The mystery girl initially looked surprised; her big, dark eyes widening even more. She visibly gulped. Then she shyly smiled and gave me a little wave, looking very uncomfortable.

I must have looked like a creeper just standing there staring. But I smiled and waved back. In my head I was saying, "Hell yeah, I may be getting some tonight after all." I walked over and took a seat on the floor next to her, leaning back against the wall just as she was. When my shoulder touched hers as I got situated, she suddenly looked even more uncomfortable and actually scooted over a little.

What the hell? I wasn't used to rejection. "My bad. I should have asked if it was okay to sit here," I chuckled, feeling slightly offended.

"Oh, no, that's okay," she exclaimed emphatically. 

Damn. Even her voice was nice. 

"I mean, I don't mind you sitting here. I'm just, well, I'm not... shit. Never mind." She placed a hand on her forehead and shook her head, giggling in embarrassment.

Hell, I didn't mean to embarrass her. Smooth move, Idiot. "Okay. Hold up. Let's start over. Hi, I'm Luke." As ridiculous as it seemed, I extended my hand for her to shake, and bent down a little to try and make her look at me.

She looked at my hand for a second, and I noticed her take in a deep breath. She sat up straight, and meeting my eyes with hers, she gave me a genuine smile and shook my hand.

"Hi, Luke. I'm Jordyn," she said, mimicking my formal tone.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Jordyn. I like your name. It's pretty." I almost added "like you," but thankfully caught myself. How cheesy would that have been?

She had the cutest giggle when she said, "Thank you. I got it from my mom."

Even in the dim lighting and with her dark complexion, I could see that she was blushing. I took a second to get a good look at her. She wasn't what I was used to hooking up with, but in a good way. There was nothing fake about her, unlike basically every other girl I'd ever been with. Hell, it didn't even look like she was wearing makeup. Not that she needed it. There was just enough cleavage showing so that she didn't look slutty. But she had a really nice rack. And the fact that she didn't start throwing herself at me the second I approached her made her even more attractive, oddly enough.

It was obvious that she was insecure, also something I wasn't used to. Girls normally knew exactly what they wanted from me, and didn't have a problem telling me about it. But this girl didn't even seem interested like that. I was gonna have to work for this one. I always did find a little game of hard-to-get intriguing. Probably because I never got to play it.

I felt her gently tug her hand from mine while I was busy summing her up. Oh shit. I didn't even realize I was still holding her hand. She's going to think I'm a fucking weirdo. Don't screw this up, fool.

I asked, "So, are you here alone?" 

I really had no idea what to say to her. I wasn't exactly a smooth talker. I never had reason to be after being in the band. I pretty much got what I wanted, when I wanted it, without even having to ask. One of the many perks of being a rockstar, I guess.

"I may as well be alone. I'm here with my sister, but she's a little busy," she shrugged and nodded to her sister.

I followed her gaze to the girl that Ashton was working his skilled charm on. She was pretty hot, with blonde hair, just like he preferred. I didn't really have a preference. I just liked sex. I was a horny motherfucker, just like everyone else there. Except maybe Jordyn. She didn't seem too horny. But I planned on changing that soon enough.

I looked back at Jordyn, noticing how super curly and thick her dark hair was. It was just past her shoulders, and it had way more character than the over-processed bleached hair present on the majority of the females in the room. She had a tiny diamond stud in her nose which was attractive as hell. And her skin, damn. It was dark complected and looked so touchably smooth, and ... Stop checking her out, Luke. You're gonna get a boner.

Thank goodness she started speaking again and distracted me. "Yeah, I know. How can we be sisters, right? I'm adopted, so, yeah." She rolled her eyes as she explained her situation to me. I could tell that she'd had to do that on more than one occasion.

Actually, though the differences were obvious, I wasn't really wondering. But since she mentioned it, it made sense why she would feel the need to explain. Jordyn's features made it apparent that she was biracial, and her sister definitely was not.

Not knowing how to respond, I nodded my head and said, "Oh, that explains it." When she didn't say anything else, I stood and offered my hand. "Well, wanna get some drinks?" Maybe a little alcohol would help her loosen up. And increase my chances.

She didn't hesitate answering. "Absolutely."

Score.
________

A/N: I love me some fuckboy Luke.

I was trying to envision what Jordyn would look like. And I guess because of the name, my subconscious thought of Jordin Sparks. So I went with it. I've always thought she was absolutely gorgeous, not to mention very talented.

I really appreciate you guys reading, voting, and commenting. If you know someone who you think might enjoy this, please share. And check out my other stories if you want. :) xo

And... dedicating this chapter to @skytheangel because her comments on my other stories were something I actually looked forward to with updates. She has some 5SOS stories if you want to check them out.