15. you put the fun in funeral

a/n: yall should go follow my instagram acc @sammyyjordan and like my recent pic ;)

Today was Jeremy's funeral. The day had come quickly, and we both still felt numb to everything. Ever since that day, things had felt off for both of us. Especially since Freddy's was now closed, we had nothing better to do than sulk in our own misery.

"I can't believe he's actually dead," I speak, not moving off the couch. We both felt numb to the whole situation.

Jeremy had passed away in the hospital a few days after the incident. He fought for his life on life support, but his family decided it was best if he had passed instead of living in pain. He would've most likely been in a non-responsive state, and wouldn't be able to survive on his own.

"I don't wanna lose you [Y/N]," Michael spoke, fidgeting with his hands. "Losing Jeremy made me realize that I shouldn't take my friendships for granted."

"Same," I agree, turning to face him. "Are you nervous about today?"

"Yeah, I don't really know how to feel." He shrugs, as his blue eyes start to tear up. "I can't believe I lost my best friend."

"I'm really sorry Mike," I apologize, feeling bad for him. "I really am."

"Don't apologize, it's not your fault." Michael sighs, wiping a stray tear from his eye. I could tell this affected Michael deeply, but he was trying not to let it show.

"I know, but I'm still sorry," I say as I fix my hair.

"And I have to see my father today and act like everything's normal when I know he tampered with the animatronics." He sighs, looking down at the floor. "I just wish this wasn't real."

"We can worry about him another day Mike." I sigh, pulling my hair back. To be fair, I had been stressing about William too. "Today isn't about him."

"I can't believe I have to say goodbye to him today." Michael sighs, diverting his attention back to Jeremy. I sit next to him, putting a hand on his shoulder. I could see a few tears fall from his eyes.

"He wouldn't want you to be sad," I console, softly rubbing his shoulder trying my best to comfort him.

"It's hard not to be though." He sighs, looking down at the floor. "It's just not fair that he got caught up in all of this. And now you're caught up in this too, and I'm scared [y/n]."

"I'll be okay, I promise," I mumble. I didn't really want him to worry about me.

"I hope so," He sighs standing up from the couch. "Are you ready?"

"As ready as I can be."

We walk into the funeral home, seeing tons of grieving people who I could only assume were his friends and family. I felt sort of bad coming here because I barely knew Jeremy, but Michael insisted that I come.

I looked over and could immediately spot Jeremy's parents. They both seemed distraught, rightfully so, with red eyes and eye bags. It must've been hard for them to go on knowing they lost their son.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask Michael as we walk around. I could feel the nervousness and sadness radiating from him.

"I'm okay." He says quietly. I noticed that he was looking at the casket. Luckily it had been a closed casket. "I think I'm gonna go talk to Jeremy's mom."

"Alright, I'll just be around," I say, watching as he walks to who I assumed was Jeremy's mom. I take a deep breath as I watch Michael and Jeremy's mom talk. I felt horrible for Michael, he had lost his childhood best friend. I felt a few tears prick my eyes, but I quickly wiped them away.