8. survive the night

a/n: i just wanted to mention that I made an Instagram where ill be posting sneak peeks to chapters and other stuff (probably fnaf related)! if you'd like to follow the username is floralmemoryy! feel free to send me messages as well :)

"We can't just leave [Y/N], it's way too dangerous!"

"So then what are we supposed to do?" I ask nervously.

"Here, you take the cameras, and only wind up the music box, nothing else." He said, swapping seats with me. I immediately went wind up the music box, which seemed to deplete faster than usual.

"What about the other cameras and checking the vents especially?" I ask, continuing to wind the music box. I was especially concerned about the vents because they lead directly into the office.

"We don't need to check we'll be able to hear them" He replies grabbing the flashlight.

"I don't know about this Mike..." I sigh, feeling unsure of our plan. "Maybe we should just call the cops... My friend's dad is the chief of police..."

"He wouldn't believe us," He sighs. "And besides, that'll put us at much more of a risk if my father found out."

"You're probably right," I say biting my lip nervously. In all fairness, I don't think I would've believed it either.

"Listen, we'll be okay. I won't let anything happen to you" He replies continuously flashing the flashlight.

"That's nice to know but I don't want anything to happen to you either" I admit, continuing to wind up the music box.

"Foxy's leaving," He sighs in relief. However, immediately after he said that the faceless Bonnie moved into the hallway. "Well, shit..."

"I swear this music box is depleting way quicker than usual" I groan, feeling my palms starting to get sweaty as I continue winding the music box.

We had a moment of silence before it was interrupted by sounds in the right vent. My face went pale hearing the sounds of metal banging. Michael shined the flashlight over to reveal the old Chica.

We both slipped our Freddy masks on as she made her way into the office. I felt myself starting to panic as she stood there in front of us both.

Stay calm [Y/N], stay calm.

She eventually walked back down the hallway, leaving the office empty. I quickly look back over to the screen to see that the music box was almost completely run out. I wound it up immediately. I didn't know what would happen if it ran out and quite honestly, I didn't want to find out.

Michael continued to shine the light down the halls which seemed to stunt their movement for a little bit, buying us more time. However, that didn't stop the animatronics from coming into the office through the vents.

"It's that fucking balloon bitch again," He groaned, putting his Freddy mask on. I wound the music box all the way up, then followed after him. It took only about a minute or two, but he crawled back through the vents.

The next few hours went on the same. Animatronics coming in and out of the office repeatedly. As the night went on, my nerves eased up a little bit, but that feeling was replaced with stress. Since I had to constantly put that Freddy mask on, the music box got very low a lot.

"Fuck [Y/N], can you grab me some batteries? There should be some in the desk drawer" He asked. I stop what I'm doing and look in the drawer. Luckily there were a few batteries in here, hopefully they weren't dead batteries.

"Shit Foxy's still down there," He mumbled, struggling to switch the batteries. As he struggled with the batteries, I heard noises coming from the left vent.

"Oh my god hurry up!" I yell frantically. I wasn't trying to rush him but I didn't want him getting hurt from either animatronic. I look over to see Bonnie crawling out of the vent. I start to panic as he walks towards us.

"I'm trying!"

I look over at Michael while he still tries to switch out the batteries. I quickly slap the flashlight out of his hand. The loud banging of the flashlight hitting the ground alerted Bonnie, causing him to look at us.

"What the fuck?!" He yelled at me, not realizing why I did that. He then looked up to see Bonnie in the room. "Oh shit."

We both quickly put our Freddy masks on, hoping Bonnie would just leave us. Bonnie stood there inspecting us. My hand instinctively gravitated towards Michael's, holding onto it. After about a minute of us standing completely still, Bonnie finally left. We both took a huge sigh of relief.

I looked over at the time. We only had a few minutes left. If we could just survive the next few minutes, we'd be okay. Michael grabbed the flashlight off the ground seeing that the top part was shattered.

"You broke it!" He gasped as he inspected the flashlight.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to break it!" I apologize, feeling guilty. "I was just trying to get your attention."

"It's fine... Just keep winding the music box. I'll think of something." He instructs as he puts the new batteries into the flashlight. I look over to see the flashlight start to flicker.

I guess it wasn't completely broken.

"Bloody hell... This'll have to work." He mumbled, shining the flashlight down the hallway. The flashlight seemed to flicker on and off. As long as it kept Foxy at bay, we would be okay.

As the time dragged on, I could feel both of our nerves start to rise. We weren't sure if our makeshift flashlight would be enough to keep Foxy away. 

As the clock chimed 6 AM, we both took a sigh of relief. I looked down to see my hands were still shaking with nervousness.

"Holy shit..." I gasped, not knowing what to say at the moment.

"I know," He chuckles wiping the sweat off his forehead. "We're safe though."

"For now," I laugh, trying my best to make light of the situation. "So, are we coming back tomorrow?" I asked as I started grabbing our things.

"We probably should. I know it's not ideal but maybe we could find something." He suggests. I couldn't even protest the idea because he had a good point.

"You're right, it's worth the risk," I say, as we walk back into the dining area. I felt a cold breeze sending shivers up my spine.

"You have to save us."

I turn to the right, looking for where that voice could've come from. Weird, there was no one there.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Michael asked seeing my dazed look.

"Oh yeah," I reply as he shook me out of my trance. "Sorry, I zoned out." 

As we walked out, I couldn't stop thinking about that voice. The voice kept playing through my mind. You have to save us.

Who am I supposed to be saving? And why me?