3. answers

I walked into the restaurant, noticing there was a lot of people here. It made sense, considering it was dinner time. I looked around for Michael, to see him reading a newspaper. As I walked closer to him, he looked up at me smiling.

"I hope you don't mind I got a drink while I was waiting for you" He said, sounding almost apologetic.

"No, not at all" I reply, taking a look at the menu.

The waitress came up and took our orders. As we waited for our food, we made some small talk. Just stuff about the weather and how our days had been. When she brought back our food, we ate in silence.

As I sat there, looking out the window,  I decided to break the silence between us, I decided to gather up the bravery and ask him about Freddy's.

"So, there was another Freddy's location? Why did it get shut down?" I asked, fidgeting with my hands. He took a deep breath, thinking before answering.

"Well things happened, and my father and Henry eventually had to shut it down" He sighed, also getting nervous. I could tell this was a tough subject for him to talk about.

"Your father worked there?" I asked, kind of shocked. That would make sense that he knows all about this stuff. He must've been exposed to the stuff that had happened there. He nodded.

"Did children go missing there too?" I asked, tapping my foot on the ground. His face turned into a frown immediately. Maybe I shouldn't have asked that.

"They didn't go missing, but Henry's daughter was murdered" He gulped, looking down at the table, seeming very upset.

"What?!" I gasped, and he nodded. I had so many questions like why did Henry decide to open another restaurant? Was he the one who did it? He couldn't have done that, he wouldn't, would he?

"And all the recordings from that night were deleted, so they didn't have enough evidence to convict anyone" He sighed. That really sucked, whoever did it is still out there. It's probably the same person doing it again too.

"Do you think it's the same person doing this again?" I asked. His eyes widen as he immediately spoke, with no hesitation.

"Yes"

"Is that why you continue to work at Freddy's?" I asked, noticing he felt guilty for the things that are happening.

"Yes" He confirmed.

"So, you wanna stop whoever is doing this?" I questioned, confused by his answer as I took a sip of coffee.

"Yes, I have to save them" He said, his voice sounding thin.

"You know, you don't have to save everyone" I pleaded, knowing he was distressed by talking about this. It hurt to see him be so upset over something that was out of his control. 

"You don't understand" He gulped, his voice filled with worry.

"What?" I questioned.

"I can't tell you, maybe another time" He sighed, trying to end the conversation. I could see the upset in his face. I realized it was probably best if we continued this conversation another day, considering I already pushed it too much.

"It's okay, I can tell it's a lot for you to talk about" I smile softly, holding his hands. He smiled softly back at me.

"Thank you [y/n]" He muttered. I looked at him, feeling bad. I know he promised me answers today, and he did give me some. I just regret bringing it up at all.

We both walked into Freddy's going immediately to the security office. Michael was now feeling a little bit better, after getting some things off his chest. I felt really bad, considering he's been surrounded by this kind of stuff for a while.

Has it affected him mentally? Well clearly it's been weighing on him, especially if he feels like he needs to be a savior. I just don't understand why he stays at this hellhole. He's risking his life everyday, because he feels regret for something not in his control.

"Hey, could you go grab some batteries for the flashlight? They're in the supply closet" Michael asked, breaking my train of thought.

"Yeah, sure" I nodded. He handed me the flashlights, and I headed off.

I walked to the supply closet, vaguely remembering where it was from seeing it on the cameras. I zoned out until I bumped into something- or someone rather.  The flashlights hit the ground, as I stood there in embarrassment.

"Oh god, I am so sorry" I mumbled, feeling really embarrassed. The figure bent over and grabbed them. 

"No worries darling" The man responded, handing me the flashlights. His cold hands sent shivers down my spine. I looked up at his face, realizing he was that guy I saw a few days ago.

"I don't believe we've officially met? I presume you're [y/n]?" He questioned, now looking down at me. I felt uneasy, maybe it was just because I've never met him before. Or maybe I was just being too judgy.

"Yes sir" I respond, smiling. It was a fake smile, but I didn't want to get on his bad side. I had a bad feeling, but I pushed it aside.

"I'm Mr. Afton. I believe you work with my son Michael" He introduced, having a somewhat smug look on his face. I looked into his tired silver eyes, which were staring right at me. As I looked at him more, I realized he looked almost exactly like Michael.

"I do actually! He's a nice guy" I affirmed, laughing nervously. He chuckled as well.

"He's changed a lot since he was a boy" He replied, sounding more smug. "Anyways, you two have a good night" He replied, walking away leaving me alone at the supply closet.

He wasn't bad at all. I frowned at myself for even thinking like that. I was never one to get a bad vibe from people, or even one to judge people so quickly.