18. the sleepover

We were sitting in Maisie's room as we were getting ready to leave. We had come in here to say our last goodbyes before we hit the road. Michael and I were tired and had been putting off leaving.

"I don't want you guys to leave!" Maisie pleads, begging us to stay.

"We have to get back home Maisie, it's late and—"

"Please spend the night!" Maisie begs, showing off her puppy dog eyes. She was persistent in the fact that she wanted us to stay. "Please please!"

"Fine," I say playfully rolling my eyes. The truth was I wanted to stay because I never get to see my family anymore, with life going on and everything. I was also just tired and didn't want to drive back home. "I'm only saying yes because I don't wanna drive home." I chuckle, resulting in a pillow thrown at me.

"Ow!" I yell back.  It didn't hurt me physically as much as it hurt my dignity. Michael laughed at me. "That's wasn't funny!"

"It kind of was," He says flashing a smile at me.

"Fuck off!" I laugh smacking him with the pillow. He lets out a small noise after the impact.

"Hey, mom says you're not allowed to swear!" Maisie yells.

"I'm an adult. I do what I want." I smirk, laughing even more.

"That's not fair," She jokingly whines falling back onto her bed.

"So when are your buddies gonna be here?" I ask laying back on her bed next to her. I could feel the tiredness hit me like a truck. I was definitely not in good shape to drive home.

"Maisie, your friends are here!" My mother's voice yells from downstairs.

Speak of the devil children.

We all go downstairs to see my mom, along with Gregory and Cassie. They looked happy to see Maisie.

"Gregory, Cassie!" Maisie smiles as they walk in. They drop their bags giving her a hug. It was sweet that they were all so close to each other.

"Maisie!" They respond happily.

Maisie looks at them happily as they pull away. "Guys, guess what? My sister and her friend are gonna hang out with us too!"

Michael and I locked eyes at each other smiling. It was cute that she still looked up to me even as she got older. Gregory and Cassie looked happy as well.

"Wow, you guys look so much older than the last time I saw you," I chuckle, giving them both a hug. "Oh, this is my friend Michael."

Gregory's eyes widen with excitement. "Finally, another guy to hang out with!"

"You love hanging out with us!" Maisie smiles punching him playfully.

We sat in Maisie's room, watching a movie on her small box TV. Cassie sat in front of me as I painted her nails. Gregory and Michael were more focused on the movie, while I painted Cassie and Maisie's nails.

"So [Y/N], is being an adult like how it is in the movies?" Cassie asks.

"Ha, I wish." I chuckle softly. If only it would've been like that.

"So how did you two meet?" Cassie asks.

"They used to work at Freddy's together!" Maisie smiled, and all of the kids looked excited by this news. I swear I could see the wheels turning in their heads.

"So, are the rumors true?" Gregory asks. The kids all lean in as if we were telling them the biggest secret ever.

"What rumors?" I ask as I paint Cassie's nails.