Day 16 - Genderfluid

In honour of Pride Month Cass had been practicing a new skill, it as something he had been taught as a fledgling and mostly forgotten over the Millenia. He was actually quite proud of himself, not a lot of angels he knew had this ability. But to be fair the angels he did call friends were all dead and gone (Too soon? Sorry)

Cass was walking about the Bunker looking for a Jack. He checked his room, the library and the kitchen but could not find Jack anywhere. Eventually he heard dulled talking from the garage entrance. He approached the door and peered inside. Standing by Baby, her hood open, we're Jack and Dean.

"So here pull that out. That's to check the oil. Now if it's da- oh hey Cass" Dean saw his angel in a trench coat walking into the room and make his way towards Baby.

Jack raised his hand, smiling he said "Hello"

Cass smiled at the pair. He had small rushed of serotonin every time Dean made more of an effort to get along with Jack. Cass knew it was difficult for Dean to get close with Jack. In Deans eyes Jack would always be Lucifers son but Jack had proven himself over and over again, so Dean had decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. Finally.

"What's up?" Dean raised his eyebrows in question whiling some grease off his hands.

"There is something I would like to show you"

Dean looked apprehensive but intrigued none-the-less "Go ahead"

Jack stood still smiling waiting for something to happen. Cass took a step back and closed his eyes, concentrating. Slowly light began to glow in an aura around Cass' figure then two black wings materialised attached to Cass' back Jack gasped in awe and Deans stood there captured in their beauty. Cass having heard Jacks reaction snickered and cracked one eye open to look at the pair in front of him

"That's not even the best bit" slowly Cass' wings changed from twilight blue to pink, purple, white, black and blue. He opened his eyes fully now and stood more relaxed not having to concentriate as hard.

"Cass they're- wow? Dean was at loss for words

"Woah~ Cass that's so cool"

Cass felt the blush creep up his neck slightly "Thank you Jack"

Jack stared at his wings for a few more moments when something clicked him his head. "Wait I recognise those colours. That's a Pride flag!"

"It is. It's actually todays flag. It's the genderfluid flag. It represents people who embraces an adaptable nature to the concept of gender identity and gender expression. They can be one gender, multiple genders, or no gender. The Pink stands for femininity, the white stands for all genders, the purple stands for femininity plus masculinity, the black stands for absence of gender and the blue stands for masculinity."

Dean walked over to Cass and rested a hand on his shoulder "Cass that's awesome"

Cass leaned into Deans touch, indulging in the praise "Thanks you Dean"

Dean lifted his hand in the direction of Cass wings but paused mid air. "Can I touch them?"

Cass blushed and lowered his voice to a whisper "Maybe not in front of Jack"

Deans eyes lit up with excitement. Hurriedly he turned around and quickly closed Baby's hood making sure to lock her then saying

"Sorry Jack, we'll finish that another time"

And with that he pulled Cass thought the door leave behind a perplexed Jack.