Day 22 - Demiboy

Jack had decided. He'd thought it through for weeks. He'd spent his sleepless nights mulling it over. He looked inside himself and had thought deeply and clearly and truthfully about how he felt. He knew now that he was a Demiboy. He was a boy, that felt right. And at the same time he was just Jack. He liked the way he/they pronouns felt. He had talked to himself in the mirror, testing them out. He knew who he was now. Who he fully was. He was Jack.

But here's the thing, all night he had been psyching himself up. He wanted to tell his family so badly but he was so nervous to the point of shaking. It was a huge step to take and he also didn't know how or who to tell. Did he gather his family and make a big announcement, did he tell one person and get them to tell the others, or did he slowly tell them one by one. The one thing he knew that felt safe was telling Cass. Cass had been there for him through and through. He got up and walked about the halls before luckily running into an alone Cass.

"Cass can I talk to you?" Jack said trying to act normal and keep his voice calm and level

"Yes of course Jack, are you alright?" Jack nodded and lead Cass back to his room, shitting the door so they couldn't be heard.

"Cass-" Jack inhaled deeply "-I think I may be a Demiboy. I still feel like a boy but at the same time I just feel like me"

Cass stood silent for a moment looking at Jack before taking a couple steps forward and embracing Jack.

Resting his chin on Jacks shoulder he spoke softly "You had no need to be nervous Jack. Thank you for telling me"

Jack wrapped his arms around Cass tightly, his heart was beating really fast and his hands had began shaking.

"Cass, I was wondering if you could accompany me in telling the others" He said as he pulled away.

"Of course Jack. Are you ready to tell them now?"

"Yes. I want to find Claire. Although I think I can do this on my own"

Cass smiled "Ok Jack, I'll wait here, she's currently in her room"

Jack smiled at Cass and walked down the adjacent hall to her room.

He knocked on the door before cracking it open and sticking his head in "Claire can I talk to you?"

She raised her eyes from her phone "you good?"

"Uh yes well, I have something to tell you" Jacks heart picked up again beating hard against his rib cage.

"Claire, I'm a Demiboy" he plastered a smile onto his face as Claire did the same

"Kaia owes me 15 dollars! Im happy for you, I knew you'd figure it out eventually. Well then what are your new set of pronouns"

"He, him and they, them. If you wouldn't mind."

Claire took Jack by the hand and squeezed it. "Good job in figuring it out" Jack squeezed her hand back.

"I gotta go tell the others" he turned to leave as Claire called to him

"You've got this" as he walked out the door closing it behind him.

Jack walked back to his room finding Cass standing there now accompanied by Dean. They were chatting about something and Jack swallowed hard.

"Hello Jack" Cass said bringing Deans attention to Jacks presence in the room.

"Something you want to talk about kid?"

Jack breathed in through his nose inflating his lungs before saying "Dean I'm coming out as a Demiboy. My gender identity is no long entirely male. I am male but I'm also just Jack. And I would prefer he/they pronouns from now on"

Dean looked at Jack. "Yeah Jack, of course. Happy Pride hah"

It was really heartening with how positive everyone was interacting and he was feeling so uplifted being able to finally tell everyone. Now there were only two people left.

"I'm going to find Gabriel and Sam"

He turned and headed out his room but not before Dean called after him "Pretty sure they're in the kitchen"

He made his way to where Dean had directed him, his heart full of anticipation. He walked down the stairs to the kitchen level and saw Sam and Gabriel sitting on the island bench

"Sam. Gabe. Could I talk to you?"

They looked up from each other and their conversation.

"Sure kiddo" Gabriel answered for the both of them

"I broached this with you the other day Gabriel but I'm coming out officially. I'm a Demiboy and I prefer he/they pronouns"

Sam stood up and walked over to Jack giving a quick hug then holding him at arms length, resting his hands on Jacks shoulder he said "Jack I know that must've been hard. And I'm thankful you told me"

"Yeah I knew you'd figure it out" Gabriel added.

This had been one the best Pride Months of Jack's life. To be fair it was his first and only Pride. It it had been so helpful to him learning more about the humans that surrounded him and that was a part of him.he didn't want it to end but he's ew it would be back again next year and the queerness be around him constantly with his family being the diverse bunch they were.