Day 27 - Homoromantic

Jack had spent all night texting Clarke. Hours upon hours as the stars rolled through the sky they laid in their own beds glued to their devices, wrapped in conversation neither wanted to end. But eventually Clarke had exhausted himself and fallen asleep dropping his phone by his head as he lay snoring. Jack had realised Clarkes absence and assumed he had succumbed to the trivial human necessity. Sleep. Jack had missed being with Clarke  ur the lining made him wonder. Was Dean right? Was this in fact a crush?

Jack didn't know so he took the internet. He came across the sexuality Homoromantic. It is when a person is romantically attracted to someone of the same gender. But that didn't feel like the right thing to Jack. It wasn't just makes he was attracted to. He remembered the odd interaction he had had with that girl at the book store, she had been rather cute in his opinion but only now did he realise that's what he felt. He just wished he could figure out how he felt, so he could tell Clarke. He wanted to be honest with his friend, but he couldn't even be honest with himself.

***

Clarke woke and groaning and rubbing his eyes. He fumbled around trying to pick up his phone from wherever it had fallen. He noticed the many notifications under the one name. Jack. Sitting up wuickly unlocking his phone he read over his messages.

"Clarke?"

"Where did you go?"

"Are you alright?"

"Clarke?"

"Oh well it is late"

"I assume toy fell asleep"

"Hope you sleep peacefully 🩵"

Clarkes eyes lingered on the hear. His own beating rapidly. Why couldn't he just calm down, Jack just meant it as a friend. But is that his he wanted it to be. Just friends. He didn't know. He was confused and he wished he could just talk it over with Jack, help him figure it out. But he didn't want to ruin what they had.

"Sorry must've been so tired I passed out." Clarke sent that before hurriedly typing

"Would you like to meet up again today".

Shutting his phone and throwing it onto his bed before rubbing his hands over his face. Less then a minute later his phone buzzed with an answer that made his heart skip a beat

"Of course"