Day 17 - Bigender

Jack was walking down the main entrance hall do the Bunker not doing anything in particular when he was stopped by Gabriel

"Hey kiddo I got ya something I thought you might want" And from thin air Gabriel pulled out an odd contraption. It looked like a miniature press but not quite the same.

"What is it?" Jack said staring at the machine

"It's a badge maker so you can make your own pins yourself"

Jacks face broke int a large smile and his face lit up. "Oh wow, thank you so much"

Gabriel smirked as he handed Jack the gift then pat him on the head ruffling up his hair. "You want me to show you how to use it?"

"If you wouldn't mind"

The pair went to Sam and Gabriel's shared room and sat down on the floor.

"So basically-" Gabriel got to work showing Jack how to use the machine and soon Jack had made serval variously coloured pins.

Gabriel had pulled a sheet of paper out of his pocket and a pair of scissors. The paper was covered in circular Pride flags. Some Jack had seen before and some he didn't recognise. One thing that intrigued him most was a blue and pink hued flag.

"Gabriel what flag is this"

Gabriel peers dover at Jack from the circle he was cutting out. "Hm? I think that's the bigender flag. It for people who have two genders. Either at the same time or interchanging depending on the circumstances"

Jack stared at the badge intrigued before putting it into the badge maker and pulling the lever. Once each and every badge had been made Gabriel and Jack sat admiring their work.

"Gabriel how did you figure out your sexuality?"

Gabriel pursed his lips thinking. "I just sorta thought about it a lot. And I mingled-" he said the word precariously "-with people 'till I figured out how I felt. You getting curious?"

Jack lowered his eyes and nodded his head. Gabriel raised his hand and pat Jack in the head, mussing up his hair

"Don't stress about it Jack. It takes time and patients and a lot of thinking about it. We'll be here if you need us but just think it over and don't rush, ok?"

Jack looked up again smiling "Thank you Gabriel. This was fun"

Gabriel stood up "No problem-o kid"