Day 4 - Polysexual

Just a quick note. I'm really sorry that this one is tiny, but I didn't really have an idea and it's hard to get a good fic out in one day. Plus i don't know a lot about the polysexual identity. So sorry to my polysexual people out there but I hope this is ok, like I said it's supposed to be a little bit of fun for Pride and only slightly educational.

Anyway enjoy
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
"So the word Poly derives from Greek language which means many. So polysexual means attraction to more than one gender...huh?" Jack mumbled to himself as he opened a new tab

"So then it's a...oh what was that term Claire told me?" He clicked his fingers "An umbrella term! But then how many sexualities would fit under polysexual"

He typed his question into the search bar

"Five, huh. I guess they're all interconnected some how then" he scrolled down the list "So bisexuality fits under the umbrella but it's still its own label"

Jack grabbed his note book resting on the edge of his bed and taking the pen out from behind his ear he wrote down all the new information

"So, someone could technically use this as its own identities if they were still questioning" Jack placed an asterix next to questioning to look up later.

"But what does it actually look like?" Jack selected the image.  A pink, green and blue flag popped up on his screen "He found an image that explains each colour

"Pink represents attraction to female-identified people, green represents attraction to people who identify outside the traditional male-female binary, blue represents attraction to male-identified people" he added that to his notes.

There was a sudden knocking on his door followed by the voice of Cass

"Jack, it's me, can I come in"

"Of course" Jack said finishing his last sentence

"What's up" he said placing his pen down

" I just wanted to see how you were holding up-" he put his hand into a pocket of his coat "-and to give you this"

Cass pulled out a pin in the exact same colours as the ones on Jack's screen

"When did toy get this?" Jack said excitedly

"On the beer run with Dean"

Jack stood up taking the pin from Cass and wrapping his arms around his shoulders "Thank you Castiel"

Cass smiled into Jacks shoulder as he hugged him back

"Would you like to see what I've been making?" Jack reached over to his bed and grabbed the note book handing it to Cass

"I've been recording all my research in this book, I want to remember as much as possible"

Cass flipped through the book skimming the information on each page. Jack had collected definitions, colour meanings, dates and famous people identifying with the particular sexuality. Cass handed the book back to Jack.

"Y'know Jack, your mother would have like this. She always knew you would grow up to be an opened minded and inquisitive person. She'd be happy that you are so accepting"

Jack looked down at his book now closed in his hand.

"I'm trying to make her proud" he paused "and I'm trying to make you proud as well, everyday"

Cass gave Jack a watery smile "We know Jack, and we are"

Jack and Cass embraced once again. 

Pulling away Jack said "Would you like to do the honours?" handing the badge to Cass. He took it and pinned it up on the wall.

All this talk about Pride and identity was beginning to make Jack think. What was his own identity, Was there a possibility that he too could he queer, he didn't know, but he was going to find out.