Fifty Five

An hour laterNiall Horan

An hour later
Niall Horan

Zara's in hospital.

After ages of no answers from Harry we knew something was really fucking wrong, Zayn panicked and sent an ambulance to their location which has been proven to potentially save Zara's life. She's in critical condition, currently in emergency surgery.

Harry didn't want to talk to anyone, he arrived home and went straight to his room where I'd left Emersyn twenty minutes earlier. I kissed her forehead and tucked her into bed like a child, after a severe panic attack on the floor of her old bedroom I knew she needed sleep and cuddles from her daughter who'd been asleep for most of the time we'd been away.

They both needed each other after what has been a traumatic evening.

I'm with Koen, he's been anxiously awaiting news about Zara and unable to get any sleep. He's got Bingo curled up on his lap, the comfort from a puppy has definitely kept him relaxed. I'm staying with him just in case his worry spirals into an anxiety attack.

His hand moves softly down Bingo's back, quietly with just the sound of the loud wind that funnels through the open windows and keeps the space at a comfortable chilly temperature. I didn't want Ko to get too hot.

My phone rests on the bed between us as we wait for news.

She went into surgery about forty minutes ago, the only words Harry spoke to us was that she was shot in the stomach and he swears she stopped breathing in his arms. I hope she pulls through, Harry isn't ever going to be the same if we lose her, he's going to be riddled with even more guilt than he already is.

I don't really know if Emersyn is aware of what's happened, I didn't tell her and neither did Zayn - we were trying to desperately protect her already troubled state. I had to carry her out of the Ripley house, she was shaking like a leaf with tears rolling down her cheeks with no indication of stopping yet she clutched two polaroids of her and Harry in her hands.

She seemed to calm as soon as I passed her Oakley who'd been sleeping soundly in her crib. Once she had her baby I knew she'd try to even her breathing because Oaks could hear her heart beating erratically behind her ribs, I made sure to give them both kisses before I left.

I adore being an Uncle to Oakley, it's the best role I have. After losing both my parents I wasn't sure how I'd feel not having a biological family anymore but Emersyn and Harry sucked me deeply into theirs, allowing me to have a big role in the loving family they've created together.

Blood relations will never make a family, it's love.

"Do you think Zara's okay?" Koen breaks the silence we'd had for the past while, his voice so soft and gentle.

"I hope so." I murmur back.

His brows drop into a soft frown, "m'worried about Em as well."

I nod, "I know. So am I." I'm worried about everyone.