Part 28

Author's POV

Hoseok : Now let's talk about your last mission shall we?

Y/n : Brother, I don't want to talk about it.
Hoseok : Face it, Y/n. One day, you will have to confront it, in front of your father. Or maybe in front of Kim's.

Y/n : I know but right now I don't want to talk about it.

Hoseok : Will you do your mission?
Y/n : Brother, please.
Hoseok : Do not make me repeat Y/n. Face it.

You cannot run away from this. You managed to escape Yoongi's question but Hoseok? No way. He is one of a stubborn ass and if he is in a fix for something he won't back off.

Y/n : I don't know brother. But I do not want to do it. Thats it.
Hoseok : Not even at the cost of gaining your freedom from Kangs?
Y/n : There will be no point of freedom if I will do that. 
Hoseok : Do Kim's become so important Y/n? Don't you recall they are our enemies, that too from generations?

Y/n : I know but somehow whenever I think of it I feel I will lose everything.
Hoseok sighed. He knows what you are feeling but you won't admit it.

Hoseok : Is Taehyung the reason?
You stayed quiet. Hoseok dispersed his cigarettes and fixed his watch.

Hoseok : Mr. Kang proposed a deal to you. You can leave the Gang and call off your engagement with Song Jungwan. But in return, you will have to kill the sons of Kim. But you decided to run away and hide from us so well that we couldn't reach you. But now Yoongi found you to be married to Taehyung. Do you fell for him?

You stayed quiet. But you do not want to anger your brother that too when it involves Kims. You know he hates them, Yoongi does too but he is not crazy enough to kill them without a second thought but Hoseok is.

Y/n : I don't know brother. But I do feel something for him. I cannot kill him knowing he cares for me so dearly. He really does keep me happy and his family treats me like I am their own daughter.

Hoseok : What's wrong with you Y/n? You were not this emotional.
He said calmly.

Y/n : I became selfish, brother. I like staying with them. Their family is opposite to ours. I found a mother in Mrs. Kim. My brothers-in-law support me and treat me as a young sister. Jisoo is like my best friend, and Jungkook is such a sweetheart always cheering me on. And Taehyung, he is everything, he tries everything in his power to make me happy. My slightest discomfort makes him do everything in seconds that would make me feel better. Yes, he is distant he doesn't share his emotions much and is always busy. But brother I can feel it he genuinely feels for me as his wife. 

Hoseok : Y/n, try to understand, Kims and Kangs are enemies. If Kims found out you are the daughter of Kang and Kangs found out you are married to a Kim, it will cause a War. Worse, neither Kang's would accept you nor Kim's. And maybe they both try to kill you. Not to mention your crazy ex-fiance Song Jungwan, he is searching for you like a psycho. 

Y/n : You will protect me won't you? Yoongi brother, Eunha, and you until I have you I do not care if anyone else disowns me. And Taehyung, I believe he would understand me. 

Hoseok : I will protect you with my life there is no doubt but I do not want to see you suffering sister. The Taehyung you trust the most will determine your fate, he would think of you as a spy and either he would fume in rage or will be heartbroken. In either case, I do not see him understand you.

You held his hand. 

Y/n : Brother, I am not doing this last mission. And I will continue this marriage. I hope you understand him.
Hoseok breathed out in frustration. He knows he cannot push you any further than this. Your decision is clear.

Hoseok : Be careful. 

He smiled and you smiled back. He took out his phone and called someone. You gestured to Eunha to come over. Earlier when you realized he was your brother you told her that everything was alright and told her who he really is. She immediately sent a cake through the waitress with an apology note however, Hoseok called her and said he was impressed with the gift. Eunha was the youngest sister after all, how could he stay angry with her? Eunha decided to give you both privacy to talk about matters. So now, she came and tightly hugged Hoseok before sitting beside you. 

Hoseok : Evening, brother.
Your eyes sparkled. Is it Yoongi? Hoseok nodded seeing your excitement.
Last time you couldn't talk to him properly. 

Hoseok : Brother, I think we lost our sister to that bastard Taehyung. 
You slapped his hands and he raised an eyebrow.

Hoseok : Did you just slap me for that bastard? Do it again and watch me make him suffer with this deal. 
Y/n : Stop calling him a bastard.
Hoseok : Bastard. That's what he is. You are dumb to fall in love with them but we are not.

Before you could reply. Yoongi's voice came through the phone.
Yoongi : Quite you both with your sweet talks. Hoseok, Taehyung is now married to Y/n, respect him. 
Hoseok rolled his eyes.
Hoseok : Taehyung is fine but don't ask me to respect that playboy. He is a real fucker-
Eunha : Brother!

Eunha whined. 
Eunha : Jungkook is a nice guy, and he is not a playboy-
Hoseok : Doesn't matter if he didn't fucked any bitch, he was involved with many. And trust me I know it better than you because I am the same.

He doesn't even hesitate to state it.

Eunha : Brother, I get your point but he is a nice guy.
Hoseok : God! What the hell happened to my sisters, the scariest assassins whining over boys? Seriously?

He was frustrated seeing his sister's lovesick for the boys who were supposedly enemies. But can you help when they are Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook?

Yoongi : Hoseok, if Eunha is saying so then believe it. She is not dumb to fall for a playboy.
Hoseok : I swear if by any means I get a chance I will kill them both with my bare hands. Annoying.
Yoongi : You will know when you will fall in love.
Hoseok : Like hell, I will.
Yoongi  : Anyways, Y/n Eunha, I miss you both. Please stay safe and do not hesitate to reach out to us if you feel any trouble. Take care of yourselves.
Y/n : We will brother.
Eunha : Take care of yourselves too.

Hoseok ended the call and stood up. 

Hoseok : It's been long, I should leave. Do not hesitate to kill them if they bother you.
He took the gun from you and tucked it behind him. 
Y/n : It won't hurt you if you are nice once.
Hoseok rolled his eyes.
Eunha : Go safely. 
He nodded and left.

Eunha went back to Kim's Mansion and you went back to Taehyung.

You opened his cabin's door and he lifted his eyes from his laptop moving until you settled on the couch.

Taehyung : Took you long enough.
Y/n : Yeah, Hoseok seemed like an old friend.

Taehyung didn't say anything but his stare was deep.

Y/n : What?
Taehyung : Is he handsome?

You felt like choking on the air. What the hell he is asking? Hoseok? Handsome? Never in hell would you admit that. And why the hell is he asking? 

Y/n : Why are you asking?
Taehyung stood up coming towards you.

Taehyung : Answer me Kim Y/n? 
Stubborn, of course.
Y/n : He looks decent.
You said with a straight face trying to digest the fact you just called your ugly brother decent.

However,

Taehyung : Am I handsome?
Taehyung asked as he sat in front of you
Y/n : Are you drunk?
You asked him while giving him a "what the fuck" look. Why the hell is he asking these stupid questions?

Y/n :  And you piece of ice, you look ugly like a hungry monkey. Nothing near to handsome.
Taehyung : That explains why I had to marry someone like you.
He stood up with a mean smile which you returned.

Y/n : Why did you ask such things?
Taehyung : My wife was out with a guy for an hour or so, I need to confirm if she thinks any guy other than me is attractive.
He said as he turned around walking back towards his table.

Y/n : You were insecure-
Taehyung : Correction, it's about you. Given the circumstances we married, you didn't have a choice but to marry me even though we despised each other. So I think it's fair enough if you fall for someone after being married, however, you need to tell me if the case happens.

He stood near the glass wall staring out at the beautiful city which was coming alive at night. You stood up and approached him. For the first time you both were speaking about your marriage.
Y/n : And you? You also didn't have a choice so will you also fall for-
He cut you off with a chuckle.
Taehyung : I had. I had a choice Y/n......I found you suitable for me. The moment we spoke, when you met my family that day, I decided to marry you. And of course, I won't fall for any woman when I already have the woman I wanted. 

His words left you stunned. You thought he only married you for his family. Which is indeed true. And now he is confessing he married you with his own will from the beginning. Then why is he still so cold? Why does it feel like for a moment he thinks of you as his wife but at another moment you are just a woman living with him? Why does he treat you like a responsibility but not as someone with whom he can share his feelings? What are you to him? His wife or enemy? 

Of course, you have consummated your marriage but that does not define a perfect marriage. You are not searching for perfection but you want him to accept you. He says he has the woman he wanted but then why does he always distance himself? Why doesn't he spend time with you? Indeed he takes care of you, but it is out of responsibility.  Even now he isn't speaking his heart out but just letting you know enough. What is stopping him from deepening your relationship?

Y/n : You.....you wanted us to marry. Then why don't you accept me as your wife?
Taehyung turned around with a smile.
Taehyung : Have you accepted me Y/n? Did you move forward in life with this relationship? You have given yourself to me. You have accepted my family, my name. But me? Have you accepted us? 

Hoseok in this FF is like Inosuke from Demon Slayer