Part 9

Author's POV

You sighed remembering your past, and wished Yoongi was here. You know one day you will have to face your past again. And that time it will be the last time you as the Mafia Queen. Your father will not let you go till you do your last mission. If you complete the mission you will get your freedom back. But suddenly things became complicated that you just decided to run away.

You won't lie being Mafia Queen gave you a superior feeling. You liked seeing people bowing to you out of fear. You liked seeing people scared of you. You liked commanding, you liked the thrill your life had.

But in this one year, you learned that all that was temporary. All that will vanish when you will pass your position. You learned making people happy also makes you feel good. Helping others makes you smile. Living in the orphanage you learned living together happily is the biggest blessing than any luxury. You felt you are a normal person, not a monster that your father made you. When people smile at you without fear and talk to you it makes you feel you are not evil you are a good person.

You brushed off the thoughts and switched off the lights.

[Time Skip]

It's been almost more than a month since you are staying with Kim Family. You didn't see or interact with Taehyung much. He and you both leave for your companies in the morning and he comes late at night. Only during breakfast and on weekends do you see him. Not to mention you both are still the same and can't talk without arguing.

Even if you talk just for a moment you both end up annoying one or the other. But you realized he isn't as cold or arrogant as you thought. He does care for his family and you too.

He has assigned two maids, Selena and Jane, for you to look after yourself and your health. They directly report everything to Taehyung. If you get late more than half an hour from work you will receive Taehyung's call asking you're whereabouts. You also understand that what Taehyung doing is reasonable since you deny taking guards with you. As you don't need them and also you don't want to attract unnecessary attention. So Taehyung assigned these maids to inform him about your whereabouts every hour. One of them follows you to your company while another stays home for preparing your things, clean your room, and do other tasks. But they don't invade your privacy. They are quite friendly too, basically, they were like your caretaker.

You were not alone, Jisoo and Eunha too had guards around them when they go out. SeokJin, Namjoon, and Taehyung are now used to being around guards. It was necessary for you all to avoid paparazzi and media attention. Also, since you are used to being around guards and all you don't mind it much.

Right now you are at the company. The meeting ended and you were going home after discussing a few things with Eunha. She said she has some work so she will stay a few hours more. Selena was waiting for you outside.

Just then Eunha got a message on her phone from the bank. 

Eunha : What the Hell?!

Y/n : What's wrong?

Eunha : I got a message from the bank. Since I manage your accounts now they directly sent the message to me. The message says your accounts have been credited with one million by someone.

Y/n : What? 

Eunha : Yeah...That too in your personal account.

Y/n : Are you sure there wasn't any delayed check by you that got passed now?

Eunha : No Y/n. 

Y/n : Call the bank Manager and say Miss Kang wants to talk to him.

Your account is under the name Miss Kang. You don't use your name since you don't want people to know the Mafia Queen. The bank Manager who himself looks after her account only knows that this account belongs to Mafia Queen. But he doesn't know who she is. It was necessary to tell the manager since illegal money stays in her account and feeding money to the manager makes his mouth shut and he avoids the illegal business going through this account.